hello all

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
2fuzy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cheyenne
State: WY

hello all

Post by 2fuzy »

hello all I don't think I have ever posted here yet but have read thru many post
This is my delema I a couple of trucks followed me home a 69 w200 318 that does not turn over yet a 69 d100 ute line with a 440 that does turn over
the first priority I would like to accomplish is a running daily driver out of the power wagon with out some of the flaws these trucks have lack of power steering and crappy brakes same questions as about everyone here
what I have that is. in my favor is a pile of mopar parts and a shop crew on the payroll
but nothing drains ones budget like a crew wasting time trying to figure it out ether

I have a dana 60 from a 76 dodge laying around akso a whole 1980 3/4 ton 4x4 that I could swap the whole chassis from with a 44 front and 60 rear also have a coulple 2wds a 78 and a 71 to steal parts from
I of my hands is a very good welder that went to school for chassis fab

so looking for opinions on the quickest least costly way to go

crusty
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Yelm
State: WA

Re: hello all

Post by crusty »

Probably a body swap would be the easiest, but as with anything old, there are old parts that need replacement on either vehicle. I swapped in Ford power steering and a 91 Dodge D60 in my truck in order to update it.

2fuzy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cheyenne
State: WY

Re: hello all

Post by 2fuzy »

tried to get the 318 in the pw loose but it is froze up tight
and while not super rusty it does have rust every place the make a patch panel