transfer case mounting

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
4door66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: clovis
State: NM

transfer case mounting

Post by 4door66 »

Hi guy. I starting the build on my 66 d200 swap to a 4by.Most parts im take off my 79 ramchager.It had swap in 3\4 ton axles and a big block from swap done years a go.Im going to a stick and using a 72pick up 205 transfer case. Now my question is can I use the 72 mounting bracket on my 66 frame.It still on the truck but before I go and cut it off I wanted to ask -use it or look for one on a 69-71 frame :thinkingThis one here and can save me time if it fits like the earlier one.Thanks for the info

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Re: transfer case mounting

Post by 712edf »

So you are putting a 1972 divorced NP205 into a 1966 frame & want to know if the t-case crossmember will bolt in?
I think the frame rails maybe different distance apart (pre72 vs post 72), but I'm not saying yours can't be made to work.
Bucky

4door66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: clovis
State: NM

Re: transfer case mounting

Post by 4door66 »

Ok thanks. I will have to go measure the frame and see.Worked a lot of hours lately and had no time to do thisI.That and the fact I just moved to a new old house and at work we just got moved into a new building I can say time had few by this summer.Will check it out let you know if its a good fit. Thanks