The features look the same

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
irontwist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pendleton
State: OR

The features look the same

Post by irontwist »

A post to break the ice. Hello Dodge truck owners. I own according to the serial number registry a 1966 w-200 but the title says 1967. A Photo and the story behind the wagon. A friend knew of its whereabouts 20 some odd years ago and lead me to it. I made contact with the daughter of the deceased owner to buy it, he bought it new and used it to cut firewood etc; hence its hammered body and low miles. I get the thing running as it had been idle for sometime, big mistake! We could not come together on the price. I would call every couple of years to check on it. Finally she sold it to me last year. The truck is driven a little but needs tires, rt front axle oil seal and cross, rear park break cables, windshield, brake master etc. Then I'll take out and get it dirty.Thanks moderator for setting up this resource.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: The features look the same

Post by Hobcobble »

irontwist wrote:A post to break the ice. Hello Dodge truck owners. I own according to the serial number registry a 1966 w-200 but the title says 1967. A Photo and the story behind the wagon. A friend knew of its whereabouts 20 some odd years ago and lead me to it. I made contact with the daughter of the deceased owner to buy it, he bought it new and used it to cut firewood etc; hence its hammered body and low miles. I get the thing running as it had been idle for sometime, big mistake! We could not come together on the price. I would call every couple of years to check on it. Finally she sold it to me last year. The truck is driven a little but needs tires, rt front axle oil seal and cross, rear park break cables, windshield, brake master etc. Then I'll take out and get it dirty.Thanks moderator for setting up this resource.
Welcome to the site! If your W200 has the refrigerator style exterior door handles, it
is likely a '66. Apart from that, the '66 & '67 are very similar. Hats off to your perseverance
on this Power Wagon.
John

irontwist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by irontwist »

Hi John, Yes it .has the refrigerator door handles. Went to Napa today to order a brake master cylinder and he informed me they are different for the 66 and 67 and told me to get the casting number. The cost is different also. I tried to upload a picture from my gallery to the last post, came back as a invalid entry. Maybe I need to put a title on it and put in folder. Doing from a droid..

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

irontwist wrote:Hi John, Yes it .has the refrigerator door handles. Went to Napa today to order a brake master cylinder and he informed me they are different for the 66 and 67 and told me to get the casting number. The cost is different also. I tried to upload a picture from my gallery to the last post, came back as a invalid entry. Maybe I need to put a title on it and put in folder. Doing from a droid..
In '67, Dodge trucks began to use a dual reservoir brake
master cylinder, hence the different part number and cost.
You might give thought to a conversion for safety's sake. :idea :2cents
John

StinkFinger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: mission
State: Foreign

Post by StinkFinger »

my truck is a 67 d200 it has the dual master and the refrigerator door handels

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

StinkFinger wrote:my truck is a 67 d200 it has the dual master and the refrigerator door handels
Is your truck a Dodge ,or a Fargo ?

irontwist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by irontwist »

O.k. I retrieved the cast number located on the bottom of the single resivor cylinder. If napa tells me the duel cylinder application started in 67, that would help validate that it is a 66. Thanks for the assistance.

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

StinkFinger wrote:my truck is a 67 d200 it has the dual master and the refrigerator door handels
Does it have the black dash with crash pad? I saw one years ago like that in a wrecking yard but I don't recall what year was marked on it. I believe the norm would be a '67 would have the black dash/crash pad, dual master and push button handles. Obviously there must have been a few made differently than most. :pale :lol:

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

Iron twist,
I have a guy picking up a truck on Saturday to take it back to Pendelton. I could send the parts to convert to dual res from a 67 w200, if you are interested.I am clearing out my sweptline parts,so speak up if you need anything...
Doug

irontwist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by irontwist »

Doug if you have a good set of rear brake cables and a windshield let me know how much. Thanks

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

I don't have cables,but I do have a windshield. If John has room, and it makes it there in one piece,maybe you could give John a delivery fee. I need nothing on my end .

If you want to send me a "private message" with your contact info,I will pass it on to John. :Thumbsup

jimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Spokane
State: WA

Post by jimmy »

Your a good man Doug.
I still owe you for the free parts you gave me.
I remember, so if you need anything around Spokane let me know.

OldD200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Camden
State: SC

Post by OldD200 »

Good Sweptlining Doug! :Thumbsup

Scott