Rough Country lifts?

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
66militaryd200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Dallas
State: OR

Rough Country lifts?

Post by 66militaryd200 »

would the rough country lift kit for the 70-74 ramcharger/trailduster work on a 66 dodge. just looking for a 4" lift for it so if any of you got any other company please share it with me :lol: i just realized how hard it is to find them/not enough funds for this truck :lol:
http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/dodge6 ... harger.htm
thanks!

powerwagoncrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hubbard, OR

Re: Rough Country lifts?

Post by powerwagoncrazy »

Will it work? Yes. But it won't actually lift the truck any. A 5" lift spring for a '69-'93 is the same arch as a stock spring in a '68 and earlier Power Wagon (based on my previous experiences). Just wait until you get the 4x4 axle under there first- I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how much taller your truck sits :Thumbsup

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

:goodpost I agree with Rob.
John

66militaryd200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 66militaryd200 »

ok, didnt know that. but my truck needs something because i can see it sagging on the drivers side :lol: . might head to local pick a part for temperary springs till axle swap. what springs will fit on a 66 d100 also which have the biggest arc in them? :thinking

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

66militaryd200 wrote:ok, didnt know that. but my truck needs something because i can see it sagging on the drivers side :lol: . might head to local pick a part for temperary springs till axle swap. what springs will fit on a 66 d100 also which have the biggest arc in them? :thinking
D100? :thinking
John

powerwagoncrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hubbard, OR

Post by powerwagoncrazy »

Well, anything from the front of a '61-'93 W100/150 200/250 or '61-'71 D100/200 will bolt into your truck, be the correct length, and have the center pin in the right spot. That said, '69 and later W series trucks have a significantly smaller factory arch and will actually lower your truck. I believe the tallest- arched springs Dodge used in the '60's were found in D100's and D200s, so I'd recommend finding springs from either of those- probably a D200 just to keep your ability to pack some weight. Or you might just try sticking another leaf in your drivers' side spring pack.

The other option is to find some used lift springs from a '69-'93 truck or a Ramcharger- they do pop up on craigslist pretty cheap from time to time.

66militaryd200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 66militaryd200 »

Oh wow been awhile since been on here been busy with school and baseball to. But also working on my trucks when ever possible and was crawling around under my truck and discovered that the top of the rear shocks were almost in the center of the cross member. So I put it back to how it was with the shocks being more vertical and tightened up the compression springs on the shocks and that lifted the rear end a good 3 or 4 inches