Cab

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
WildBill
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Dansville
State: NY

Cab

Post by WildBill »

Hello everyone,
I have just inheirited a 69 Dodge W200 from my father because he doesnt have the time for it anymore. It is a hurting unit for sure, mostly body work. After looking at it over this past summer, I noticed that the cab needs to be replaced because the whole floor is basically gone. Now I am wondering what are my choices for replacements? What years can I look for that I can use as a replacement? Will the D series cabs fit as well?

Thanks for the info,

Brian

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Re: Cab

Post by mopardwh »

Yes Brian, any 1961-71 D or W, 100 or 200 would be a good candidate for parts. There are a few small differences through the years, like the dash, door handles, gas tanks etc. but the floors are all the same unless its a 300 or larger (or crew obviously). The problem is finding a "parts" truck with good floors. Usually the cab mounts and rockers are the first things to go on these trucks. Chances are, if you find one with a good floor you are quickly going to decide to make your 69 the parts truck. :joker Most guys just rebuild the floor.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

WildBill wrote:Hello everyone,
I have just inheirited a 69 Dodge W200 from my father because he doesnt have the time for it anymore. It is a hurting unit for sure, mostly body work. After looking at it over this past summer, I noticed that the cab needs to be replaced because the whole floor is basically gone. Now I am wondering what are my choices for replacements? What years can I look for that I can use as a replacement? Will the D series cabs fit as well?

Thanks for the info,

Brian
Welcome to the site Brian. Good to see another Western New Yorker here. :salut :Thumbsup
Is the W200 from around your area?
John

WildBill
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by WildBill »

Hey John,
Yeh, my father bought this truck brand new in 69 and is the only owner. I live in Maryland, but the truck is still up there. I plan to rebuild it to its original status for him.

What trucks to you have John?

WildBill
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by WildBill »

Thanks for the info on the cab too mopar. It s always good to have one of these forums full of people who can help.

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Post by Jim100 »

There are also quite a few fabricated cab repair panels on ebay created by a fellow member. I did a some work on my cab instead of finding a different cab because the cab itself has sentimental value to me. A scratch here and a sticker there and always knowing that my Grandpa sat inside that very cab.
That said there is somthing very nice about the prospect of a rust free replacement cab!
jim

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

I agree with Jim100 if the cab can be repaired then keep it. Floors can be replaced as well as the rockers. The worst area to repair is the cowl area. Lower front cab area where the doors bolt in can be a bit of a pain also.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

WildBill wrote:Hey John,
Yeh, my father bought this truck brand new in 69 and is the only owner. I live in Maryland, but the truck is still up there. I plan to rebuild it to its original status for him.

What trucks to you have John?
I have a few Sweptlines.....
'61 D200 that I'm converting to a W200
'65 four-eye D100 long wide box
'65 pie-plate W200 Utiline
'68 D100 short Utiline
'68 W200 wide box
'68 D100 long wide box
.... and a few other parts trucks. :Thumbsup
John

W20071
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntsville
State: UT

Post by W20071 »

Jim100 wrote:There are also quite a few fabricated cab repair panels on ebay created by a fellow member. I did a some work on my cab instead of finding a different cab because the cab itself has sentimental value to me. A scratch here and a sticker there and always knowing that my Grandpa sat inside that very cab.
That said there is somthing very nice about the prospect of a rust free replacement cab!
jim
I totally agree! I made that mistake and swapped mine, looking back now, I wish i would have done the extra work on the original one. Even if you find a replacement, chances are that it is still going to need some bodywork anyway. If the truck has sentimental value such as many of these do, I strongly recommend repairing the original, you will probably be glad you did when it is all said and done with.

1meanswepty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hubbard
State: OR

Post by 1meanswepty »

I am curious what the differences are with the 300 cab. I have a rust free D300 cab that I have been saving for a future project. Thanks in advance for any info.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

1meanswepty wrote:I am curious what the differences are with the 300 cab. I have a rust free D300 cab that I have been saving for a future project. Thanks in advance for any info.
If I remember the hole where the steering column goes through may be in a slightly different spot and the floor hump over the trans is different. Nothing too drastic. D300 cab can be used on a 100/200 with minor changes done to it.