Tanks axle swap pics

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
jimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Spokane
State: WA

Re: Tanks axle swap pics

Post by jimmy »

I have 33x12.5x16.5 load range D BFG All terrain. They work great. I ran these exact wheels and tires on my 97' F350 Crewcab power stroke before I built this it weighed 7000lbs plus the camper. I had a 11.5 foot Lance Camper on it. They worked great.

I'm not a 16.5 fan at all. It's just what came with the Ford when I bought it and I kept the wheels when I sold he truck with the winter skinny tires.
The wheels were in good shape and the tires were brand new then. I couldn't see spending $1500-2000 on that when I was already over budget. I'll run these 16.5's until they are gone then look for a new set of wheels & tires, maybe 17's

pismopowerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Caldwell
State: ID

Post by pismopowerwagon »

Your long wheelbase helps you out with towing also, these tire prices nowadays are crazy I would do the same as you. I wont be doing much I just want it capable when needed.

Love you truck :Thumbsup

pismopowerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Caldwell
State: ID

Post by pismopowerwagon »

jwing68 wrote:Nice upgrade to the tank, did the additional unsprung weight of the dana 60 make the ride any rougher/choppy in your opinion?
Took it wheeling and took it on the freeway and it feels GREAT, it is so quite now and turns so easy with the new tires I can hear the exhaust leak I didnt know I had.

It raised the front of the truck about a 1/2 inch.

The brakes work so nice now compared to my old set-up, I feel safe for me and everyone else around me on the road towing now.

jimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Spokane
State: WA

Post by jimmy »

Thank, I've always liked your post & truck.