Help with Braden LU2 Winches

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
raceguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Falls City
State: NE

Help with Braden LU2 Winches

Post by raceguy »

I recently bought two braden LU2 winches off craigslist. The winch on the left in the picture is labeled LU2-33-L 6912149. The winch on the right in the picture is labeled LU2-10F-R 7111041. Both winches have the shaft that the pto hooks up to pointing the same direction. I wanting to make sure that I can switch the worm shaft around on the winch with the L so It will be pointing to the transfer case. The bronze gear part number is LU2 101L on the winch with the L. Also could anyone tell me how long the frame extensions are? I plan on making some out of an old frame. Any closeup pictures of winch setups would be great too. Thanks
Attachments
winch1.jpg

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Re: Help with Braden LU2 Winches

Post by RussRoth »

I have a Braden winch on the line soon myself although not that model. I contacted Braden and got great information on the winch including when/who/where originally purchased and just about everything else you might need to know. I pretty much knew the history of the winch without contacting them but it was good to know you can get it. I can look up that contact info if you need it.

raceguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by raceguy »

Please do that would be helpful information.

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

I don't recall now if I phoned first or not but here is the feller I e-mailed with. Very good about finding/sending information about the winch I will be acquiring. For this one he had a bit of work to do to find the correct information for some of what I was asking for but he came through with it all. His e-mail is Bill.Tibbet@PACCAR.com

\Bill Tibbett
Technical Support
PACCAR Winch Division
Direct: (918)259-3334
Fax: (918)259-1575
http://www.paccarwinch.com

PowerMan
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Auburn
State: CA

Post by PowerMan »

Here is some of the info I received from Braden/Paccar a few years back when I needed parts. Might help you:

Contact info is on the bottom of the first page. Hope this will help you.

raceguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by raceguy »

Thanks for the help. I have the winch rebuilt and the frame extensions made. From my research the winch sets at an angle. To achieve this it looks to me that the angle iron brackets need to be less than 90 degrees. Is this true? Thanks

PowerMan
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Auburn
State: CA

Post by PowerMan »

Yes I had some made at 90 deg (not knowing) and they worked but didn't mount flush with the frame extensions. The factory angle iron brackets are less than 90 deg. Don't know the angle off the top of my head.

raceguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by raceguy »

That is what I thought. I know somebody that works in a factory that has a press brake. He said that they could bend the 90 degree angle to what I need. The one winch that I bought had one of the brackets on it. I will have them bend it to that degree. Now if I could just get the FTD-7 pto.