W200 Crew Cab ponderings.....

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Boerne
State: TX

W200 Crew Cab ponderings.....

Post by Perkins64 »

I recently bought a 1965 W200 Crew Cab, unfortunately the cab is rusted beyond repair.

I am noticing that the axles and t-case carry the larger W300 sized yokes, and am wondering if the NP 435 used in the W200CCs has the larger course spline input shaft suich as the W300 or Medium duty trucks??

Anybody know?

AAA
Tx

PowerMan
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Auburn
State: CA

Re: W200 Crew Cab ponderings.....

Post by PowerMan »

My '62 W100 has the original oversized yokes and drivelines. It has the NP420 and has the standard 10 spline input shaft if I remember right. I worked on a '65 W200 with the oversized yokes and drivelines and NP435 and it had the same 10 spline input shaft.

Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Perkins64 »

hello,

the spline count is the same at 10, it is the size that is different 1" vs 1" 3/8

I should have been more clear.

AAA

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

The w200s have a 1" input.

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

Aaron,

According to my '66 FSM the standard W200 V8 clutch is an 11" w/1" 10 spline input. An extra cost option is a 12" w/1.38 " 10 spline input. This is listed as standard for the W300. Not sure if this would be the same for a '65 maybe someone else has a '65 FSM and can give better information.

Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Perkins64 »

hey Russ,

Thanks for the info. I usually focus on W300s, so I need to brush up on my W200 knowledge.

Hope all is well,

Aaron

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by RussRoth »

Things are good. Just returned from our annual deer hunting trip. Actually it is mostly camping since I don't put in for a tag and my brother and his son won't work very hard at it. PW ran very well and climbed all the steep spots with ease. None of those are very tough though. Going Salmon fishing tomorrow and hope for better luck doing that. I know you like those W300 Perkins. Guess I should have done more research when Dad was buying and talked him into one of those. :lol: :lol:

Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Perkins64 »

I dunno Russ, you might have trouble sneekin' on those deer with a diesel......

Seff
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bellingham
State: WA

Post by Seff »

Perkins64 wrote:I dunno Russ, you might have trouble sneekin' on those deer with a diesel......
thats when the game is a foot :lol: :joker

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by RussRoth »

Perkins64 wrote:I dunno Russ, you might have trouble sneekin' on those deer with a diesel......
Well I did sneak up on a couple bedded does one day when I was out but the rig was at camp across the canyon. :lol: Actually I wasn't even looking for deer even though I know they like to bed down in this part of the canyon. We used to be able to drive across the canyon and the PW is the only full size that managed to get out without pulling cable. I was trying to see where the winch spot was but so many new trees growing and old ones gone/blown down it was hard to see. Plus it burnt over a few years ago. Didn't see the deer until the younger one jumped up but neither ran. The older doe just watched and never got up and I was within 50' at one point. She did keep an eye on me though. :pale :lol: :Thumbsup You are right, probably wouldn't have happened with a Perkins. :salut

Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Perkins64 »

hey Russ I am surprised you even got out having O hp like your data tag shows.... ;>)

you need some Dodge emblems for the fenders?

I will send you some.....gratis.

btw - your dad picked up the truck new, one day after my wife was born....

AAA

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by RussRoth »

I don't know what's up with the data tag but that's the way she came. Thanks for the offer for the fender emblems but I have the ones on it I want. When Dad first got it I wanted to pull the chrome PW emblems off but he wouldn't let me. After I rehabbed it he remarked about that and how I now wanted to make sure I had them. My how things change. :thinking :shame :lol:

I was 19 and went with Dad to pick the rig up, just about 30 days before I had to report to Uncle Sam. And he was kind enough to let me use it most of the time for that month as long the rig was there when needed it. If he had only known what I had done to some of his other rigs but we won't go into that right now. :Thumbsup :salut I did take very good care of it and broke it in good.

powerwagoncrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hubbard, OR
State: OR

Post by powerwagoncrazy »

Aaron- the 65.5-68 W100's and W200's all came with the beefy detroit 5380 joints (IIRC they measure just a tad larger that the current 1410 1-ton ujoints). Those things are a force to be reckoned with LOL!