This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
Califpowerwagons
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Califpowerwagons »

I am new to this forum thing so if I screw up someone please tell me.

I have a 65/67/69 powerwagon. That sounds a little weird but I'll explain. I had a 69 d200 camper special, a 67 d100 and a 65 w100. I took the frame of the 65 and stacked it on top of the 69 and took the 65 front running gear and put it under the 69 frame and left the rear axle. The rear axle is a dana 60 and the front is a closed knuckle dana 44. The engine is a 65 318 poly head, the trany a NP 435 and the T. case is a 201.

most people ask me why? and I say because I was stupid and didn't understand the amount of work this would take to put together. but I was able to put power steering from a 80's Chevy van in and I put a flat bed on the back from a open fender 40's powerwagon my dad found. anyway I'm trying now to put in a dump ram and bumper crane and God willing, eventually a winch.

There are a couple of things I was wondering maybe you guys might know. I'm looking to get factory service manuals for this truck, where would be the best place to get such a thing? Which one, with my condition, would be the best to get? The other thing is does anybody know anything about what else had a 201 T case and the pto hook up for the 201? My dad has a 69 pw but his is a 205 T case so I'm a little in the dark about the 201.

Well anyway thanks for the time.

Travis

HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas
State: TX

Post by HellBelly »

Travis,

First off, welcome to the site! Don't worry about messing up anything. If Trey was our test dummy for the forum, I think he's worked out all the bugs! :Thumbsup

As for the service manual, I strongly suggest Ebay. someone always has one on there. Which one do you need... Good question, you have a pretty unique set up. Would like to see pictures of your ride.

The power steering comment in your post jumped out at me. Would you mind getting into some detail on how you made that work? Power steering option are always a big topic around here!
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

i too would like to know how you used chevy steering on a dodge, the steering arms are at different plains? also, email this dude carbooks@hotmail.com i just bought a 64 service manual from him, he may have what you need. cost me $13 plus $5.50 shipping.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Vintage Power Wagons. They are online, and an absolutely excellent resource. Reasonable prices, tons of new/used/NOS parts, whole trucks, service books, general interest books, etc. Even a yearly rally for Dodge truck enthusiasts. I think we have a link to them off the home page of this site.

Sounds like a neat rig you've got. Stacking two frames? To each his own. As long as you're having fun with it. Welcome to the site.
-WD
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

:welcome Sounds like you have a cool truck in the works. I like the stacked frame idea. It's a good way to get lift and keep your center of gravity low and keep good driveline angles.It also helps counter the extra unsprung weight of big tires and every thing that goes with them.I hope you can post some pics. Dana/Chelsea most likely makes a pto for your truck new for $200-300.As for the book,I'd go for the year or your running gear.

Doug

Califpowerwagons
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Califpowerwagons »

well I took some pictures but I have no clue how to get them on the forum. sorry I'm computer stupid. If anyone has any tricks or hints please let me know.

The power steering is an interesting story. First off, not to start negative, but it really only works because I have the double frame. basically yes the box does sit in a little different plain but I put it in my truck just like the stock armstrong box and made a bracket to hold it to the frame. before I could do that I had to notch the frame on top and bottom and make the hole out the side much bigger. once mounted I had to reinforce the frame because of all the torch work. but it works in exactly the same fashion as the old armstrong box but it just has power. the last little annoyance was the u joints from the collumn to the box. I never quite got it straight but it's a tiny difference to worry about.

if I ever get hte pictures to work I'll show you how it works.

oh and I looked on Vintage Power Wagon and couldn't find anything on 60's w100/200, just the flat fender books which I already have.