Hemi in Sweptline?

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
dzrtram

Hemi in Sweptline?

Post by dzrtram »

Hello, my name is Ross, and I can't remember if I'ved ever posted here before. I would like some help, though, if you can.

A guy has what I was told was a 1959 Dodge stepside shortbed 4WD with a Hemi in it. Well, I should have said HAD a Hemi and a 727 in it. The hemi was a 392 and he's been through two or three of them because they had something wrong with them. He's looking for another hemi right now.

QUESTION: CAN HE USE A 426, or does that take more modifications, and what about the 727? Did the same 727 bolt up to both the 392 and the 426? He's looking for another Hemi right now, so I said I would ask around. I just don't know what all will buckle up, although another mech there told me they can adapt anything. Whatever it finally gets, it is one great looking truck. It's a big, mean, menacing-looking truck. I really like it.

I'm going to take some pix of the truck because I've looked up 1959 and it doesn't look like a 1959 to me. Looks more like a '69, or something in the sixties. Can't tell if it's Sweptline because it's a stepside, and it's been modified.

I would appreciate any help you could give me.
Thanks,
Ross

Red
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Red »

Dont know where you are, But I got a buddy whos got a 66 426 for sale, with a nascar single four intake. Its been sitting a while and needs to be gone thru, $6,000. The 727 bell is different, you would need one for a B/RB big block. And more mods would be needed to drop the 426 in.
I was a cute baby. My mom said when I was born they threw away the mold. Some of it grew back- Emo Phillips
http://community.webshots.com/user/greenbean119

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

Ramit

Post by Ramit »

OK I have an old hemi in a boat, its a 331. Same bolt pattern as the 392s and 354s. You need an adapter plate to make a 727 bolt up. The 426s are later style RBs like a 440. I just sold a 58 to a friend who is doing the early hemi swap and stuff is totally different. :2cents