2wd to 4wd conversion on 67 D200

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
DTR

2wd to 4wd conversion on 67 D200

Post by DTR »

Anybody done this before? i know basically what's involved, and i have almost all the parts i need, just looking for tips, advice or warnings anybody might have for me. for instance, i heard that the eye-to-eye measurement of the springs is slightly different on the sweptlines than on the 72-93 trucks. is that true?

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

DTR, There is alot of info on this subject in the archives of the old 61-71 dodge truck web site. Check it out. And yes the springs do change in 72, but the newer axles will bolt up to your springs. There are a lot of guys on this site that have done what you are doing. One of them might live just a few miles from you and be able to show you how they did it, but first we at least need to know what state you live in. Good luck,and I hope we can help. :Thumbsup Doug.
I sold all of my sweptline trucks,except the invisible one. I just couldn't stand to see it go!
( )
91w350 CTD
93w250 CTD

DTR

Post by DTR »

I'm in Spartanburg SC. i'll check out the old forum, been on there before but wasn't looking for this info. will the front end sit higher than the rear if i keep the stock 2wd springs?

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

DTR, yes, the front will be a lot higher if you don't use blocks on the rear. Stock W100/200 trucks have four inch blocks on the rear. You'll need the blocks and longer U-bolts.
1969 Adventurer W100

DTR

Post by DTR »

i thought i was gonna need blocks. didn't know they were 4" though :lol: thanks. how about driveshafts? all my 4wd stuff is coming out of a Ramcharger, except for the trans and t-case which will probably be out of an 88 W150 swb (NP435 granny 4/ NP241D t-case). will the driveshafts out the RC work, or will i need a longer rear shaft?