HUMVEE tires/wheels

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: HUMVEE tires/wheels

Post by Hobcobble »

00DakotaRT wrote:So I am correct to understand that with a W200 I will need to lift the truck to fit the H1 bias tires?
You have both height and width to consider. If the tire is too wide, they'll
rub on the drag link. :study
John

magnumcid
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Sherbrooke
State: Foreign

Post by magnumcid »

Hobcobble wrote:You have both height and width to consider. If the tire is too wide, they'll rub on the drag link. :study
John
Actually I'm going to be needing to buy tires for my W200 this summer. I don't want to waste the money on crap stockish tires and wheels just to get it through inspection. Can anyone tell me the bolt pattern and hub size and how small of a rim will fit over? Can I clear a 12.5x33-35" class tire on an 8" rim without rubbing? And if so, will they stick out of the fender a lot? They are really picky here and if they feel the tires stick out too much (I'm sure there is a specific law on this but it entirely depends on the "mechanic"'s general personal opinion of the vehicle) it will fail. And even if it passes you will get pulled over by every cop that sees you. Trust me on this :banghead
1967 Fargo Power Wagon 200; Poly 318/NP435/201/4.10s PROJECT
1996 Chebby S10 ZR2; 4.3 Vortec/5 Spd./Manual 4x4 OFF-ROAD BEATER
2003 Chebby Cavalier; 2.2 Ecotec/Auto DAILY BEATER

00DakotaRT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Tacoma
State: WA

Post by 00DakotaRT »

OK, I finally have had a little time to focus on the Power Wagon, but soon I will be focused on the Polara for a while. The Humvee tires fit pretty well on my truck, stock height so far. I only have one issue to this point. Left turns, the outside of the right tire rubs on the fender. The only reason the Left outer tire is safe on right turns is due to the fender being dented out, I think new springs will bring it to a better ride height, but I think I will hold off till I can find a complete drive train from a newer Dodge. Diesel and all. I will post pics as soon as possible

crusty
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Yelm

Post by crusty »

00DakotaRT wrote: I will post pics as soon as possible
Please do! I just picked up a set of brand new bias 36" hummer tires for my truck. I have been slowly working on getting them ready to go. Unfortunately, it will be awhile before they are on the truck since I have a bunch to do to it before I mount them. Once I do, I will post pics, though.
What a mess.

00DakotaRT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Tacoma

Post by 00DakotaRT »

OK, back on the home computer. Here is a before and after of my tires and wheels.
Attachments
DSCF3468.jpg
DSCF3466.jpg
DSCF3274.jpg