Fair price for '68 crew cab W200 for sale

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
Neil

Fair price for '68 crew cab W200 for sale

Post by Neil »

Hi. I am currently looking at buying a '68 W200 PW, crew-bad, short fleetside bed. California truck with factory air conditioning. It has the 383 with a four-speed behind it.This truck has zero rust that i can see, is super straight, original red paint with white top is faded. owner has gone though it mechanically and put new brakes, power steering, new bearings, brake hoses, electronic ignition, tires, etc. The interior is pretty good except for a shredded front seat. I am trying to get an idea of what it's worth. I haven't driven it yet, but owner says it drives fine, and it runs good. So what's it worth?????? anything i should look out for in these trucks? I really dig the crew-cabs. Thanks :usa

Hippy_Dave
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Union
State: WI

Post by Hippy_Dave »

Hey Neil, If your'e like me you want evrything for next to nothing! I can't really tell what a vehicle is "worth" it's more like what is it worth to you and how much do you want to spend? Oh yeah, and how long will you wait for it to not sell so you can get it for less! Happy hunting :lol:
69 D-200
37 Delivery Sedan (in pieces)
92 Dakota - traded for a 2001 Ram 1500
79 Dodge Aspen 2-dr -- didnt have time for it
2010 Charger former squad car = Love it
sweeet

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Post by Hoss »

A good rule of thumb is that if it runs and the body is completly rotted off its still worth a $1000
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"
64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4 speed

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

id say with a solid body, complete truck, its a power wagon crew cab, it has a big block and air, and it runs and drives well, i wouldnt sell it for any less then 2500, if a saw the truck in person, it may be more, but sight unseen, 2500 sounds like a minumum.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

mudguts
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Coalinga

Post by mudguts »

The guy I bought my PW from wanted 1500 firm. 383, straight body, very little rust, but it needed a complete brake overhaul and clutch master and slave cyl rebuild and replacement. Plus the engine hadn't been started in over 10 yrs.
Well, I firmly wanted the truck and worked out a cash/barter deal. I gave him 300 cash, a cord of oak worth 200$ and I trimmed a tree (the estamate the tree trimmers gave him was 800$ and that was with three guys) that nearly took my life on several occasions. I literaly put my life on a limb to get this truck. From your discription, I would'nt let this one get away. So it's kinda like Hippy Dave said, it's worth what your willing to spend to get.

Good luck... John :Thumbsup
I can type 100 words a minute, but it's in my own language.

67 PW

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

i stole my 69 d200 crew at $3500. she is totally rust free, no dents, paints good, interior is almost perfect, motor has been rebuilt, it has a/c and cruise control, i bought it from the original owner who had garage kept the truck its whole life. i would have given 2 or 3 times as much for a truck this clean. and i wouldnt let it go for less the $12k. the way i look at buying these trucks is simple, pick any year make or model truck, and then figure out what it would be worth in the same condition. these trucks are hard to judge as far as value, some guys know what they got, others, like my guy, just see it as an old truck that aint worth much. this guy even made the comment that he had paid $2700 for the truck brand new of the showroom floor, drove it for over 30 years, and still sold it for a profit. so he thought he had made a good deal. i wonder if he even did any research on the value of such a clean crew cab.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100