All Dodge pickup show

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Big dad

All Dodge pickup show

Post by Big dad »

Yah, I KNOW its been tried before -- maybe its time to try again ?
I think it would have to be in the center of the USA to get a chance
start planning for next year ? Just a thought --

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

:thinking I wouldlike to see a get together also,
but it would take a couple of people with lots of time and ambition to put it together.
Might be best if the country was divided up into about 6 territories/areas
and start from there.
I use mine as a daily driver and make trips to Washington and Oregon most every year, let me tell you that's a long ways, and mine will cruise at 80-85 empty.
by the time I get home I have chlked up about 4,000 miles for the round trip. never works out right as it's only around 1,200 miles one way.

Time of the year is important, weather, and ????

I tried to get some to come here for Rex Allen days in Oct.
a year or so ago. no one showed .
There was an opertunity for family to be intertained also

Give it a shot it might work :salut
ENJOY LIFE, --- It's the longest thing anyone ever does-- --

When seconds count, Help is only minutes away-----------------

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

might be better to try for a "show within a show" featuring sweptlines. That might have better success. difficult to get the public fired up about any single marqe. Now if your talking about just us , maybe someplace near a family type vacation area. beach, theme park, etc. might be doable. count me in to help if you take it on. Goldie

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

There is a lot involved in putting together a show. I was involved with a C Body show this spring that feel out at the last moment. I like the idea of teaming up with another established show. I know that the local (Kansas City) Mopar club has got involve din helping other clubs and events and had offered to help out the C Body show.

The HPAC all Mopar show in Kansas City has a great location and oginazation. It is about as central a location as it gets!

big dad

truck show

Post by big dad »

Yes, it will be allot of work ---
I'm up for a little work --1st off , how much support do you think there
would be --? My idea is for a DODGE TRUCK show, even new ones
I see lots of proud new HEMI RAM / CUMMINS trucks zipping around
all of the time .. ? If you could ask around to people on other sites as
well .. and see if there is some support .. I think I can come up with some
solid ideas on how to promote, where to have it based on response from
what area -- The pages of the so called "classic truck" rags are full of the
f-100 nationals .. jeeez they are not better than us , are they ?

HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas
State: TX

Domain

Post by HellBelly »

I will buy a Website Domain Name and provide the Website/Meeting place. nothing fancy just a basic place to get information, Downloadable flyer etc..

Someone could put the flyer together, we have alot of talented sketchers on this site!
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

they are not better, just a tick more organized right now. maybe we can start to turn that around. I agree, there are a lot of Ram Tuff trucks around. Don't know if my 63 will even be started this year, but if I could participate with a late model.................... Goldie

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

not too long ago a local dealership (dodge) ran a simple add in the paper. mopar only show, this weekend this time at this dealership, free hot dogs!! there was about 60 entires in the show, and tons of people showed up for the free chow. advertiseing is everything, you let in any year dodge truck, and youll have a large turnout if you can find a way for everyone to here about it. maybe even get the sponsor ship of a local dealership to pay for ribbons or something. i dont know about the rest of you, but my biggest problem is an empty wallet. it aint cheap to even drive a few hours away in these trucks at todays gas prices. my trip to houston cost me over a grand between food, lost time at work, and gas. thats a hunk of money that would need some serious lead time to get collected. it seems like this october, theres gonna be quite a few people at the houston mopar nats at baytown track. maybe we can start now, planning for a meet next year at one of the nats. that way us poor red necks can save up some cash :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

440d100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 35601
State: AL

Post by 440d100 »

I will try to make it. Don't know what help I can be. If I can do anything to help let me know.

1966D100

Post by 1966D100 »

So now, is this going to be a Mopar Truck Show, or a Sweptline/Utiline Show, or is it just going to be a plain Mopar show "featuring" Sweptlines. Honestly, i think the first and last ones would get a better turn out. I belong to two other Mopar forums, http://www.scatpack.com , and http://www.mopartruckworld.com

So, if it is going to happen, i'm pretty sure i could find some help and entries for the show. Alot of the people on both forums have beautiful vehicles, and many are fond of the era of our trucks, so i say why not? Let me know and i can pass on the word. :Thumbsup :usa

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

Let's see now, 413 4V gets about 8 mi. per gal. I can afford to just about get out of sight! Oh yeah, forgot to include the cost of restoring the truck, which I haven't started yet. I better start being reeeeal nice to the missus. She handles all the money. I've helped organize a few smaller shows. The biggest expence is advertizing. If you can piggyback onto an established shows coattails, you will cut that substantially. We don't necessarily have to give away hot dogs, but if they were say $1 instead of $3.50 you get your money back and folks still get a bargain. Hooking into a local charity can be good too. 50/50,s benifiting some local organization can work. If the hosting show is large enough you might be able to get a radio station to do a remote broadcast. Again, cutting the cost of advertizing. Just rambling on is all. I'll help all I can. Goldie

DB69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: La Porte
State: IN

All Dodge Pickup show

Post by DB69 »

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I get real tired of going to Car shows and seeing all the bowties and blue ovals(I can't stand either one!-I have been a Dodge man for 30 years now-since I was 21!) I would really dig an all Dodge show whether it was only the sweptlines or if it included all Mopar(Dodge,Plymouth,Fargo,and DeSoto(yes there was a DeSoto truck for export only)I would be willing to donate money to this! :salut
DB69 :usa
TommyDodge
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club cab 3rd owner 86,330 miles
I don't drive a Ram-I drive a Dodge Ram
Dodge Brothers Detroit USA,
In Memory of Molly and Missy, My Beagle Girls

big dad

Truck show

Post by big dad »

I understand the concerns , I think we have some good ideas -- it will take everyones help 1st time out to make this happen -- Main reason I started this is because it seems after taking my half finished truck to a few local shows -- everyone either has one or had one or seen or is doing one or -- or -- I know, some of it is bull too but .. even the brand x people like Sweptlines , pretty funny --I think if we try for a ALL DODGE TRUCK show -- and promote for say 8 months .. shoot for a early spring show
maybe .. Texas is really nice in March/ April -- but it does not have to be here i was thinking -- Wichita, Kansas -- just cause of center of everything for people ? -- just a thought --- I know these Hemi ram owners are crazy about there trucks -- or has no one noticed but me ?
Cummins guys have several sites of there own -- we need to get together , join forces --

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

march and april is nice in texas, but thats only when it aint raining. at least down round the houston area its like that. i say, if you build it, they will come!! :lol: :lol: and you are right about the new hemi owners. i have seen so many box stock hemis at local shows its unreal. my girl works for the local paper, so i can help out with advertising in this neck of the woods at no cost :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Dodge Truck Show

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Texas is too far south, unless its just for ya'll down their, it would draw the southern crowd, maybe, I had free food and free beer and not many showed, but then again it was just advertised on the forums, just like a few years ago and everyone cancelled, opening it up for more trucks it may draw a better attendance, then again the farther north ya do it the more Mopars their are.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Dodge Truck Show

Ya'll should co-ordinate with the administraters from http://www.mopartruckworld.com thats where 70-90's Dodge truck owners meet, theirs around 300-500 members, and just like here they are all over US, if its going to be open for everyone.

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Piggybacking with your local chapter of Mopars Unlimited would be the easiest. The county fair grounds where I live hosts a Mopar only show once a year. Spectator cost is $1 donated to the local food bank. I don't remember the show registration cost, but I don't think it is very high. An all truck show would be tough to pull off. The M.U. show has three areas set aside for trucks, OLD, NEW (94-up), UNFINISHED. Of course, the areas tend to gravitate into stock here, modified there, unfinished scattered everywhere, but it makes it nice to concentrate on the trucks if that is why you go to the shows. And, as a bonus, you can get ideas from other sectors of the Mopar family. Even the die hard ancient car types seem to really like the trucks.

Just a thought. I've been building and showing vehicles since my uncle brought me into his rod shop when I was 4 years old. :2cents FYI, that's 28 years of rodding experience.

1949 B1B-108 Express
1969 D100-128 Sweptline

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Dodge Truck Show

So what happened with this idea? Is it going to be or not to be? A lot of people would have to start getting their employers ready, should it be a get together at next years Nationals?

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

If it's done at the Mopar Nationals, You already have a built in advertizing organization. There were some nice trucks in attendence already. Also, I have invited y'all to my place during the Nats., and that hasn't changed. I know Col., Ohio is not the center of the country, but in Aug. it is the center of the Mopar universe. Someone of you must know someone helping run the Nats. to get a feel for this. I still say a show within a show is the way to get started. After that who knows? The only organizing we would have to do is decide whether we could make it or not. Goldie

POWWAG
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Maple Valley
State: WA

Post by POWWAG »

We gotta quit thinking "Hot August nights" or "Sturgis" or "Oakland roadster show" and just think about getting together. No venders, or hot dogs, or getting the factory involved like Norm tried to do. Just a bunch of Mopar truck nuts showing up in some town in the middle of the country. The second year in will be a national event whether we like it or not. Invite all from Dodge brothers to SRT10 owners. Hit all the Mopar web sites with a printable flier and tell the masses to get one to every Dodge dealer, auto parts store, hot rod shop, 4 wheel drive shop, etc. Anyone know someone in Kansas with 500 acres of field? Lets pick a date!

I'll be there.....Don