All Dodge pickup show

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

whoa, whoa, steady big fella, if it works like your discription, and that is debatable, which of us will take responsibilty for the little things like, oh I don't know, say, restrooms! or do we all just let it all hang out. medical attention for that little one who can't behave and gets hurt. The guy who will sue because someone bumped into his pride and joy and didn't leave a note. they is much truth in what you say about how fast this type of gathering will grow, but I feel on the flip side we should consider all aspects of the project. A group af truck lovers driving halfway across the country for a show want to be intertained. They want to race,show, win trophies, have good food and drink, cruize, and in general when it's time to go home, want to feel like they didn't come a long way for little or nothing. Meeting in an Iowa cornfield only works in the movies. The fallout from a bad first gathering could do much damage to our credibility.Meeting at an established show has merit. Goldie

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

I really like the idea of piggy backing on with another Mopar show. Most Mopar groups would be happy to have the trucks, I know HPAC would. My truck generated a lot of attention at the last cruise I took it too. Then all the behind the scenes stuff is handled. If there is a low truck tuen out, there is still plenty of other vehicles to see and stuff to do.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Dodge truck show

Post by 66patrick »

The local Dodge truck club showed up at our Mopar show in June and brought eight trucks. Piggybacking works well! Granted, they were newer trucks and not '61-'71 trucks, but so what???

Think Central Oklahoma Mopar Association show/swap in Midwest City (Oklahoma City), OK in June '05. This is our 11th annual Mopar-only show, and we have put on over 30 shows in 22 years. We're not huge like the Nats, but we consistently bring in fron 65-85 cars each year from OK and all of the surrounding states.

You want centrally-located, Oklahoma City is hard to beat! Once we set our date (June somnetime), I'll announce it and you can all come to Oklahoma City and show your old Dodge truck!!!

Bring 'em on, y'all!
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

big dad

Mopar show

Post by big dad »

At least we got some dialog going -- Maybe we could start with some volunteer's from a given region -- break the USA down into areas and commited people that will carry thru .. that might give us a idea of where it would be best to be held .. -- then we could organize a program kind of like the power tour on a much smaller scale to ride share, etc to get to where the show might be held .. It will be a large under taking for any one person to make it happen , if you want any size -- I would like to see it with a national attendance , I THINK its possible

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

maybe talk to the editors of mopar muscle, truckin, or classic trucks. they might be able to get something started or at least give it some coverage.plus location. i live in washington state and driving to kansas or wherever just for a small show dosnt seem reasonable. maybe we should all make a scene at ponoma or something in cali. show those ford and chevy guys something they have never seen. 30 or more sweptlines rumbling into the fairgrounds for the show. give me some feed back :salut

OldDodges
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Georgia
State: GA

Post by OldDodges »

I'm involved with DodgeTruckWorld.com. Over 30,000+ members on the site, most owning newer Dodge's, but they all like to see other Dodge Truck's. We had a show at the end of Sept. at our house, had 47 Dodge Trucks there from the 60's up to an '04. Most of the older stuff were the trucks in our collection, but we did have a few guys with Sweptlines show up and hope for more next year. There were two main reason for this show, one, everyone wanted to see our collection of older Dodge's, two, everyone wanted to get together and meet each other. This was the first time the Ga chapter had a large group gathering, and to my knowledge was one of the, if not the largest DTW meet to date.
We are working on a show again next year, and hope to have anywhere from 75-100 this time, hopefully with some more Sweptlines and even Power Wagons at the show. There are always shows (GTG's) going on in just about every state in the U.S., so the members here can check out the site, maybe try to get together with some of the guys with newer Dodge's and see what goes from there.
We've had similar discussion about trying to have a large meet somewhere, but the problem is where and how far is everyone willing to travel. Several years ago I was working on a Sweptline gathering in the Pigeon Forge, Tn area, and had a lot of people interested, but I never could get it worked out due to time.

71Swept
OldDodges.com -- Home of the Bighorn Registry

1970 Dodge D300 (Restored)
2010 Dodge Ram 1500

thorman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Nope
State: Foreign

Post by thorman »

Goldie wrote:whoa, whoa, steady big fella, if it works like your discription, and that is debatable, which of us will take responsibilty for the little things like, oh I don't know, say, restrooms! or do we all just let it all hang out. medical attention for that little one who can't behave and gets hurt. The guy who will sue because someone bumped into his pride and joy and didn't leave a note. they is much truth in what you say about how fast this type of gathering will grow, but I feel on the flip side we should consider all aspects of the project. A group af truck lovers driving halfway across the country for a show want to be intertained. They want to race,show, win trophies, have good food and drink, cruize, and in general when it's time to go home, want to feel like they didn't come a long way for little or nothing. Meeting in an Iowa cornfield only works in the movies. The fallout from a bad first gathering could do much damage to our credibility.Meeting at an established show has merit. Goldie
:goodpost Goldie makes several graet points here :goodpost