D-100 custom paint question

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
ladyofcamolot

D-100 custom paint question

Post by ladyofcamolot »

Hi everybody, this is a cool site, I 'm glad I found it! :Thumbsup

I'm getting a '67 D-100 sport custom w/ the first year optional 383 engine :lol:.

I was planning on painting it white with purple ghost flames until I found out somebody in my mopar club who has a D-200 was planning on doing ghost flames also :banghead. So now I want to do something different.

I like the Dude design of later years. My question is would it be cool or lame to make my truck a dude clone even though my truck is quite a few years older then that design. Also, if it is cool, would it be cool or lame for the graphic on my truck to say "Dudette", instead of "dude", since I am a girl, and obviously I am not worried about it being original since my truck is not the right year anyway :thinking.

Thanks for any imput and insight,
Gwenavere

1966D100

Post by 1966D100 »

I guess it depends if you want to standout in the croud, or fit in. Honestly, i've been boucing around with custom paint jobs myself, so its always hard to stay on one. But i like the female version of the "Dude", sounds good. :Thumbsup

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

1967 was the last year a CSS was offered - you could make a CSS clone and be "correct".

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

lady of camolot :welcome to the site , I do think that Dudette would fit your truck , if your not trying for the orginal thing , some of us here have change our trucks from the stock & others have kept them all orginal , but what ever you decide , let us know & post some pic's good luck & stick around as we do have the chat room & other stuff to offer , what part of this grate country are you in ?
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

Welcome to the Sweptline world. We have the best trucks and the best websites. I think that making a Dudette would be very cool. You could also go the CSS clone route but actually the Dude(ette) stripes stand out more. Don't worry about originality, have fun and make it like you want it. You'll be glad you did the first time you go to a car show and everyone walks past the Ch**y's and Ferds to look at your Sweptline.
1969 Adventurer W100

Seabee
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Houston
State: TX

Post by Seabee »

pearl white with purple ghost flame is a fine idea. I've seen a 65-66? C#evy pickup done this way that looked amazing.
I hate to sound blasphemous, but I don't like the Dude stripe. I'd keep one on an original Dude simply because of the value of the truck, but for a custom graphic I'd choose something else.
One thing is for sure; there is billboard like space on these trucks! Make sketches (preferably on the computer) and mock up TONS of different graphics and colors 'till you find the perfect one. Oh, and feel free to share them here!

Daddiojoe
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Daddiojoe »

:welcome

Gwenavere--

Dudette sounds very cool. I say go for it. The only possible drawback I could think of is that you'd probably have a hard time selling it to one of us guy-types should you ever want to part w/ it.

Best of luck,

Joe
1971 4-eyed Shortbed D100 225 /6 727 AT 3.23 rear running on Sweet Lady Propane

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

if your looking for one that just says, "woman driver" then why not white, with a red flip flop pearl coat and the ghost flames up front in a light lavender faded to pink tips?? or just do the flames in the red pearl clear coat, you will only see the flames in the right light. good to see a woman that drives a swept, there aint many out there. plenty that drive thier husbands swept, but not too many woman owners. there were a few dodge trucks marketed for women, i have never actually seen one, but i have heard of thier existance. they were painted in pastel colors, and white tu-tone. the one i saw the add for was white, with a powder blue top and side trim insert, i hear they also came in pink. but they had tissue holders in the glove box, bud vases, and tu tone interior to match the truck. maybe with some research you could mimic one of these rare trucks, still have a womans truck and be with an original dodge design. me and my fiancee had discussed building her a short wheel base swept in a girly fashion. she claims there isnt enough estrogen, and way too much testosterone around the web site. :lol: she too wanted the dude pattern. white truck, with red flip flop pearl, pink roof and dude stripe with the dudette decal and a more feminine hat, with white seats bordered in pink piping and the chrysler trident embroidered in hot pink on the back area of each seat. the same design the css and dudes had for seating, but in pink and white. when i pointed out it might look like a barbie sweptline, i got slapped on the arm pretty good. and she came up with a red and white css design. white with the red flip flop pearl coat, red css stripes, white and red interior, same as the previous design. but shes claiming css doesnt stand for custom sport special, but rather cruising super sexy!! :Thumbsup i say have fun with it, a custom swept will sell for just as much as a fully restored one since yours isnt a special edition. so why not make the most of it?? :welcome
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

1966D100

Post by 1966D100 »

I was thinking more of a hot pink metalic flake...but that works!

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Welcome

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Welcome,
as you can see I feel that you should have fun with your truck and creative!
66D100 you almost got my color down the official name is Light Choral Pink MetalicImage

it getting another coat of paint and more metallic before winter.

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

try a plum crazy purple with pearl purple ghost flames. that would suit a girls truck nice :salut ly