This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

RAREST MOPAR EVER!!!

Post by mopardwh »

Ok guys, here it is! A 2WD /6 Power Wagon!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %3AIT&rd=1

I asked him which one it was, 2wd or PW, and he sent back with 2wd. Didn't say why it's listed as both though...

Anyway with the exception of concepts and such, Mopar Muscle magazine did an article several years ago about a 70 Hemi Coronet convertible! Which I'm pretty sure is the actual "rarest mopar ever".

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

I used to know a guy years ago, who referred to ANY Dodge pickup as a Power Wagon. Didn't matter if it was a 4x2 or a 4x4. Might be one of those guys.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by mopardwh »

Heres another misinformed ebay auction.
Although this person was honest that they didn't know what they had. Thought it was a BB, but the pic is a 318. Also, judging by the hood isn't this a 68, not a 69?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWA%3AIT

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

yep the second one is a 68 , the dash is a dead give away , it won't fit in a 69 , & the master cyl for the clutch is a good sign as well
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by mopardwh »

cowboy wrote:yep the second one is a 68 , the dash is a dead give away , it won't fit in a 69 , & the master cyl for the clutch is a good sign as well
:usa
WOW!!! :clap You sure spotted that, good eye. All I know is that I've seen a few 68's but no 69's with that hood. Although I really like it and might consider replacing my 69 hood for a 68.
Also mine is a 727, so I haven't seen a stick truck. Where would the clutch MS be at? Just a little lower?

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

In addition to the hood, clutch master, and dash, the wide chrome trim is another indicator that it's not a 69. I guess you can't blame the seller for not knowing as she's just getting rid of her father's estate. Her original auction was for a better 69 truck, and I guess the purchaser of that didn't want the parts truck.
1969 Adventurer W100

ric3xrt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: RAREST MOPAR EVER!!!

Post by ric3xrt »

Anyway with the exception of concepts and such, Mopar Muscle magazine did an article several years ago about a 70 Hemi Coronet convertible! Which I'm pretty sure is the actual "rarest mopar ever".[/quote]

Yep, next i think is the 69 Hemi GTX drop top, 6 made

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

I wonder where a 63 HPP 413 D100 fits in at? As far as I know there are not many of those. Any ideas? :thinking
63 9 pass fury wagon
US NAVY, 1968 -1972 HS-5, 7, 9, NAS quonset pt. Essex, Wasp, Intrepid, Independence, Forrestal, Saratoga
I didn't do it and if I did I don't remember.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Rarest

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Goldie there so rare the Magazines don't even know they exist, they only consintrate on cars. :Thumbsup

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

1 of 1 is the rarest it can be. And there are quite a few 1 of 1's. Goldie has one, Trey has one and I have 1.

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by mopardwh »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:1 of 1 is the rarest it can be. And there are quite a few 1 of 1's. Goldie has one, Trey has one and I have 1.
You mean with different option combo's? Or special order? My 70 Chall R/T 440 727 came with column shift, it must have been ordered because most come with console shift.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

Several "one-of-one's" out there, not just Hemi cars, either. ONE '66 Coronet 4-door Hemi (Canada) (yes, there were 2 for the US, both sold in Wichita, KS). ONE '68 Coronet 440 Hemi. ONE '67 Coronet R/T convertible Hemi 4-speed.

There used to be a real odd '70 Challenger in Oklahoma City in the early '80s - it was a Challenger Deputy - these had fixed rear quarter windows and were a bare-bones Challenger. This was a lime green car with NO options! It had a 3-spd floor shifter, 225 six cylinder, non-power drums, manual steering, NO heater, radio, or carpeting - BTW, this is the ONLY Challenger I can ever remember seeing that didn't have carpeting. It didn't even have hubcaps oe wheelcovers on it, just body-color wheels and blackwall tires.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

Ben and I are pretty sure mine is a proto-type rather than an odd option since the 413 was not an option supposedly. There are mag articles out there that talk about the 413 but the trucks haven't surfaced yet. So far, mine and possibly 1 other that Ben is trying to validate are all that can be found. I believe that in those lean times Chrysler would make you just about anything you could dream up if you paid in advance and would wait.
63 9 pass fury wagon
US NAVY, 1968 -1972 HS-5, 7, 9, NAS quonset pt. Essex, Wasp, Intrepid, Independence, Forrestal, Saratoga
I didn't do it and if I did I don't remember.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

mopardwh wrote:
PwrWgnDrvr wrote:1 of 1 is the rarest it can be. And there are quite a few 1 of 1's. Goldie has one, Trey has one and I have 1.
You mean with different option combo's? Or special order? My 70 Chall R/T 440 727 came with column shift, it must have been ordered because most come with console shift.
Come to think of it, Bubba has a 1 of 1 also. His is a CSS cab and chassis for a motorhome, mine is a CSS Utiline.

ric3xrt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ric3xrt »

My dad bought a 64 new , from Redmans of Langhorn pa, had a 426 Max motor installed, late 77 it was rolled off to the vast wilderness of the back yard, I think it was 80 or 81 when it was cut up
I rember the truck well, the max intake is the thing that stands out the most about the truck,
Useto have a lot of kids race from the end of our driveway to the Bridge , it was just ove a .25 mile, the old white girl useto kick some A$$ best time @ island raceway was 11.15, acto was was in the 11.20 range, he never ran the truck @ Maple Grove but it did run @ Miguier airforce base a couple & the old Vargo raceway
The trans is in my 72 ( wich is his old 72)& the max motor is in my storge garge, If I knew in 80/81 what I know now ...it would still be here.
ask the old man about paper work & he said it went out the door around 78, he stopped raceing it because , he couldn't get it any lighter + he liked the look of the 72 he was raceing better,it also tracked strighter( according to him.)

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

Mopar Collector's Guide magazine often runs stories of 1-of-1 cars. Sometime it's just a color combination, but sometimes it because of assembly line mistakes that makes it a 1-of-1. Always interesting reading anyway. If you're a Mopar fan you should subscribe to that mag.
1969 Adventurer W100

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

ric3xrt wrote:My dad bought a 64 new , from Redmans of Langhorn pa, had a 426 Max motor installed, late 77 it was rolled off to the vast wilderness of the back yard, I think it was 80 or 81 when it was cut up
I rember the truck well, the max intake is the thing that stands out the most about the truck,
Useto have a lot of kids race from the end of our driveway to the Bridge , it was just ove a .25 mile, the old white girl useto kick some A$$ best time @ island raceway was 11.15, acto was was in the 11.20 range, he never ran the truck @ Maple Grove but it did run @ Miguier airforce base a couple & the old Vargo raceway
The trans is in my 72 ( wich is his old 72)& the max motor is in my storge garge, If I knew in 80/81 what I know now ...it would still be here.
ask the old man about paper work & he said it went out the door around 78, he stopped raceing it because , he couldn't get it any lighter + he liked the look of the 72 he was raceing better,it also tracked strighter( according to him.)
A 64 HPP cut up and scrapped out.... :pale :pale :pale :shame

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

ric3xrt wrote:My dad bought a 64 new , from Redmans of Langhorn pa, had a 426 Max motor installed, late 77 it was rolled off to the vast wilderness of the back yard, I think it was 80 or 81 when it was cut up
did the truck come with a 426 wedge or was a 318 replaced by the 426 Maxie?
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y

Red
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Red »

Ben, still working on it
I was a cute baby. My mom said when I was born they threw away the mold. Some of it grew back- Emo Phillips
http://community.webshots.com/user/greenbean119

ric3xrt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ric3xrt »

[

did the truck come with a 426 wedge or was a 318 replaced by the 426 Maxie?[/quote]

I honestly Don't know, my Dad knew Dick Maxwell,( i think it was him or MR 5/50( don't rember his name) he told one of them, that he saw a truck in a Mag that he wanted to get,I ve gotten to different stories on how it all came about , but a month later he went to Reedmans to pick it up( march 64). truck was white no stripes, fleetside truck , I seem to remeber it being a 5 lug ( been ask acouple of times if it was an 8 lugger)asked him a couple of days ago , & I get the answer....it was the 60s & I was in a fog. Truck had Buckets( i know it had one in the 70s , he put a passenger seat in it once so he could take me to from school, last day of 4th grade, made me pull the seat out when we got home, it had a 4speed,I can't tell you that was from new, he says yes.