wheres the oldies????

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

wheres the oldies????

Post by meangreen »

just got back from St. Louis, MO. i was there the whole week of thanksgiving... i saw 3 oldies :shame !!! there any sweptliners in that area?? :thinking
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

Red
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Red »

Im about 50 mi west of there. Just south of I-70 near a small berg called Wentzville
I was a cute baby. My mom said when I was born they threw away the mold. Some of it grew back- Emo Phillips
http://community.webshots.com/user/greenbean119

wide65
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by wide65 »

I hear ya man!!!!! I have a few uncles/Aunts in St.Louis....I never see any there!!

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

MG, you'd be surprised how scarce swepts are in the midwest. You think I'm just talking smack about how all the good deals are in the northwest, but these trucks are HARD TO FIND through the mid section. I can tell you where almost every single swept is in a 20 mile radius from me is.....BOTH of them. :thinking
Last edited by cudajimmy on Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central

Post by 66patrick »

There's actually more around than you may know of. Around me, there are at least six within a three-mile radius that ate driven daily. I know of a Power Wagon about 20 minutes north that is disassembled, but the guy is doing it up with a 383 auto and getting rid of the 225/auto that was in it. It may see the road this Summer
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma

Post by cudajimmy »

66patrick wrote:There's actually more around than you may know of. Around me, there are at least six within a three-mile radius that ate driven daily. I know of a Power Wagon about 20 minutes north that is disassembled, but the guy is doing it up with a 383 auto and getting rid of the 225/auto that was in it. It may see the road this Summer

WOW. That DOUBLES the number of swepts I'm aware of locally.
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

hemithekid
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Casper
State: WY

Post by hemithekid »

cudajimmy.there are few here in the westtoo.there are 4 in casper that i know of.

caleb

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

cudajimmy wrote:MG, you'd be surprised how scarce swepts are in the midwest. You think I'm just talking smack about how all the good deals are in the northwest, but these trucks are HARD TO FIND through the mid section. I can tell you where almost every single swept is in a 20 mile radius from me is.....BOTH of them. :thinking

At least you have 6 members of this site in your state. I seem to be the only one in MN.

In the past 10 years I have seen just under 30 swepts in the Twin Cities area. Some of them I have only seen once. There are some that are always in the same place but probably aren't driven. There were about 4 that I used to see but they all disappeared around the same time. They are getting pretty scarce.

I saw 2 in Des Moines plus 2 trailers, 2 in Kansas City, 1 in Indianapolis, 1 about 40 miles from Chicago,1 in Waterloo, 0 in Omaha and 0 in St. Louis, although I saw a medium duty 70s dodge when I got across the river into Illinois.

I also saw 2 swepts when I went to pick up the truck I got on ebay recently. I was really suprised about that. I was thinking it would be neat to see one while pulling mine back. About 10 miles up the road one was going the other way pulling a mopar muscle car.

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

we have alot around here!!!!! i just spotted 3 new ones cruisin around. that puts my count up to around 25
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central

Post by 66patrick »

Jimmy, I just found five more Swepts in Midwest City, Del City, and Choctaw. Counting my three, I have close to 20 within a 5-mile radius. Get out there and start looking! They're there!
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

Hemikuda71
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Oklahoma City

Post by Hemikuda71 »

You counting my four?

R/T

mr440

Post by mr440 »

I have 10 sweplines now , I just found 2 more I am going to buy, a71 shorty wide box w/6 and a 70 W100 4x4 with a 383 auto for 1200 dollars.

Floorguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Floorguy »

Here in California(Central Valley) I see them every day. They're all over the Modesto area. The tough ones to find are the short beds. Especially the Power Wagons. They're here, but not as much as the 2wd long beds. Today I saw a 69' short bed Power Wagon in a K-Mart parking lot. It was oxidized Red with decent mud tires. No rust. If only it was for sale........ :thinking

wide65
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by wide65 »

There are a good amount here in Colorado!

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Oldies

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Wide65 is right there are lots, and lots, did I say lots of OLDIES here in Colorado, my neighbor across the street has a 67 Sweptline and a 67 Dart.

Red
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Red »

Almost everything you find in this part of the midwest is rusted to the point of salvage only. Its rare I get a truck in that dosnt need extensive repairs to floorboards and rockers, most of the time the cowls are shot rendering the cab junk. Every rust free truck Ive seen in this part of the country has been brought here from warmer drier climates.
I was a cute baby. My mom said when I was born they threw away the mold. Some of it grew back- Emo Phillips

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

Red wrote:Almost everything you find in this part of the midwest is rusted to the point of salvage only. Its rare I get a truck in that dosnt need extensive repairs to floorboards and rockers, most of the time the cowls are shot rendering the cab junk. Every rust free truck Ive seen in this part of the country has been brought here from warmer drier climates.
I have seen quite a few decent looking ones here. I have no idea where most of them came from though. My 68 was an original Missouri truck that I got in Columbia,MO. It had been stored indoors for a long time. The floors aren't too bad but the rockers are terrible. The 70 I got in Iowa was originally a California truck and is virtually rust free. The parts truck I had spent most of its time in Rapid City; not much rust on it either.

Red
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Red »

Do they salt the roads in the winter there? Thats the biggest problem here.

trucknut

Post by trucknut »

I have the only one RUNNING around here

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

oldies

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

no salt, sand, plow, magnesium chloride sometimes not at all some years, there are a few dealerships that only deal in oldies, and you see people driving them daily :Thumbsup almost 80% of the population has an oldie either being driven or in progress! :dance