Danpd69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: ROCHESTER HILLS
State: MI

Third time the charm?

Post by Danpd69 »

Hello all,

Happy to be re-joining the Sweptline (in this case Utiline) community once more. Originally had a 69 W100 Long Bed Sweptline with a 383/4spd that was pretty much all original with 90,000 miles. I regretted selling it, and picked up a 71 W100 Long Bed Sweptline with a 360/4spd hoping it would reignite the spark....and it didn't. Sold that about three years ago, but always kept my eyes open for another W100.

Took delivery of a 1971 W100 Short Bed Utiline yesterday. Running a 440/ wide-ratio NP435 4spd and 3.55 gears. I've got other trucks to tow/haul with, so having the 3.55's to drop the RPMs down on the highway is an awesome addition (the other two had 4.10s). Came with a ton of great documentation as well, including the original build sheet, purchase certificate from the Colorado Fish & Game and owner's manunal.

Being winter in Michigan don't want to drive it with all the salt on the ground, but did run it around the neighborhood. Got a bed load of spare parts that came with it (original seat, spare doors, another 440 block/heads and totes of all sorts of other stuff including carbs, headlamps, etc.)

It's got 15" aluminum wheels with 33" tires. Looking for an original set of 15" white steel wheels to put 31's on (or if someone knows an aftermarket 5x5.5 white wheel that would work I'd appreciate it!)

Thanks,

Dan

BigBlockTrucks
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Binghamton
State: NY

Re: Third time the charm?

Post by BigBlockTrucks »

I think I speak for all of us here, we want to see pictures!!

Joking aside. Welcome back!!
Late 65 w 200.
Factory LU-2 winch.
Updates: 205 transfer case,4.10 gears, disc brake Dana 60 front with lock out hubs
440 repower in the works

60 d100
383 with 727
4 wheel disc
3.73 geared rear

Danpd69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Danpd69 »

Thanks! Here is a pic.

Really digging the "patina" look. I'll get her cleaned up and probably spray a clearcoat over it. With the white roof/front bumper , I really think a set of white steelies with some OWL tires will really look good.
Attachments
Resize.jpg

nutz
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: phillipburg
State: NJ

Post by nutz »

a short 4x4 440 so cool

Danpd69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Danpd69 »

What a difference a set of wheels/tires can make!
Attachments
Truck 1.jpg