This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Shanahan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Portland
State: OR

Ram man disc brakes

Post by Shanahan »

Hello there everybody. I’m new to this site. I found it by looking up disc brake kits for my 1963 Sweptline. I was curious how many people have used the Ram Man disc brake kit and what was your experience dealing with them? I ordered a kit a month ago and haven’t heard a thing. It’s extremely hard to get ahold of anyone there. I know they are a small ma and pop place, so I’ve tried to be patient, but the couple times I talked to his wife she took down my info and said she would call me back, but never does. And now the inbox is full for the phone number and I never received an email like she said she would send. Like I said, it’s been a month now. Should I just try to get my money back? Are there any other kits out there that are as complete as the Ram Man kit?

sixpak340
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Carlisle
State: PA

Re: Ram man disc brakes

Post by sixpak340 »

My only personal experience with him.....

The Nats in Columbus, I was interested in a disc brake kit for one of my cars.

I found his swap spot, but he had 3 people in line, 1st one was completing a transaction.

I spotted some parts I was interested in at the next space, so I stepped over.

2nd guy in line had pre-paid, just picking his order up.

3rd guy in line asked him one simple question & he exploded into a white hot rage.

I saw no reason to deal with him after that, not ever.

Here is a link to the Better Business Bureau complaints about him;

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/fort-worth/pr ... complaints

If I were you, I'd make a call to my CC company to void the charge.

Shanahan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Shanahan »

Thanks for the input. I guess I’ll get the refund process started.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

It's a shame, because watching his ads on his webpage, it really looks like he has a top-quality kit. His customer service reputation is $h!t, however. I know one guy in KS that had ordered his kit and it all arrived in a few weeks; and installed rather easily. If someone intends to stay in business, you'd think he'd try to improve.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

I am having a somewhat similar experience with a magneto company in California. Another mom & pop outfit.

I emailed them asking for a certain product. Took several days to respond & answer but they did say they could get it, told me to call & order it. I did the next day. I was told to expect it in about 10 days.

2 weeks passed so I called them. They put me on hold a couple of times while they tried to locate my order. Finally they called me back & said it'd be another week.

4 more weeks passed so I called them today. They took my number so they could locate my order again. Called back in about 20 minutes saying they were waiting on one certain part from the machine company before they could proceed with assembling my piece. They apologized but didn't get me any timeline.

They are super polite & haven't billed my CC yet that I gave them when I first placed the order. But I really did want my part to get my truck going before the dead of effing Winter hits.

Customer service in many industries has gone to chit over the past few decades.

Best of luck in getting your money back

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 712edf »

Just did some reading of reviews on the Ram man character.

No way would I do business with them. In fact someone should shut them down.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

Mangra
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Oklahoma City

Post by Mangra »

It’s a good product, but there is no post sales technical support
I installed the discs front and rear on my 1964 SWB.
Too expensive not to include technical support
My 2 cents

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central

Post by 66patrick »

With his non-existent tech support and manners in speaking and dealing personally with customers, I'm sure he'll shut himself down, whether he wants to or not. He won't need help for that. Which is a shame, because he has a complete '64 - '66 Imperial front disc kit that is priced very reasonably that I'd love to have. Scarebird won't even talk about Imperial disc kits.

He is close enough to me to where I can find out on the phone if he has "X" kit in stock, then drive to his shop and pick it up, minus all the shipping delays and such.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 712edf »

yeah I could be at his house (he works out of a shop on the side of his property) in less than 2 hours. Lucky for me I'm not in the need of any of his products. I feel bad for those who are, especially those who's money he has pocketed.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

Fleshhammer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: roseburg

Post by Fleshhammer »

i purchased my disc brake conversion a couple years back for my D100. I found that he was very helpful and seemed like a very honest and reachable person. my order was complicated due to multiple projects. the man is no spring chicken and maybe there is something causing these issues you guys are having. i hope these problems get resolved. my experience with him was good and i will be a repeat customer if the time comes.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Fleshhammer wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:36 pm
i purchased my disc brake conversion a couple years back for my D100. I found that he was very helpful and seemed like a very honest and reachable person. my order was complicated due to multiple projects. the man is no spring chicken and maybe there is something causing these issues you guys are having. i hope these problems get resolved. my experience with him was good and i will be a repeat customer if the time comes.
The complaints posted on the BBB go back 3 yrs and are from people other than those who have posted on this forum.

Shanahan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Shanahan »

Just an update. I did just finally get my money back. Took about 2 months. I had to file a theft report with my credit card. They never replied to me, or the Better Business Bureau, or to my bank, so the bank just took the money back. Definitely steer clear of those thieves!