This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
rockerarm
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Jacksonville Al
State: AL

pictures?

Post by rockerarm »

trying to download photos and am having issues with the resize. I have five file photos that Have been resized to the smallest setting available
on the Microsoft app. All are about the same size now. Of the five I was able to load one onto this site, the error
message I get when downloading the remaining four is "file is to large". Any ideas' on how to overcome this?

Thanks
Will.[/size]

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: pictures?

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

You need to make them even smaller.
Read this:
https://www.sweptline.org/forums/viewto ... 15&t=23632

rockerarm
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by rockerarm »

Thanks for the response and instruction guys. Unfortunately none of that worked for me. I can't get past the "OPEN" step.
I was able to get one picture down loaded after resizing but none others.
I'm able to post pictures on other sites I visit with no issues. Will try again now and then. I know how much a picture is worth.

rockerarm
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by rockerarm »

I tried to "copy & paste". No luck with that either.

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Post by Wildergarten »

rockerarm wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:13 pm
Thanks for the response and instruction guys. Unfortunately none of that worked for me.
OK, check the file folder where you have the photo. Before starting, ALWAYS keep your original photo unchanged; make a copy and rename it.

The format for the "file extension" after the dot ( . ) needs to be picturename.jpg The file size must be below 256KB. That means the photo needs to be shrunk in size (number of "pixels" or colored dots on the screen) in a photo editing program such as Photoshop (what I use). There are a lot of free resources that will do the task but I have no recommendation, as many are loaded with spyware.
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org