Is this for real?

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Is this for real?

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

It is currently Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:31 pm
In total there are 199 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 186 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
Most users ever online was 220 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:49 pm

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Is this for real?

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

NO WAY!

Now its this:
In total there are 227 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 223 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
Most users ever online was 241 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:51 pm

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

In total there are 223 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 220 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
Most users ever online was 246 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:52 pm

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

A bunch of lurkers?

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Up until today the "most ever" was 217, YEARS AGO! And current users was never more than ~25-30.

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 712edf »

That does seem odd. I have seen a decline on most Dodge Power Wagon & Sweptline sites....and never figured the traffic would be what it once was.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Probably a hacker DOS attack from outside the US. (Denial Of Service)

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

712edf wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:40 am
That does seem odd. I have seen a decline on most Dodge Power Wagon & Sweptline sites....and never figured the traffic would be what it once was.

Bucky
I have seen the decline too. I think its because everyone is going to fb pages. i really don't like fb pages compare to forums. Forums are 1000 times more organized the stupid fb

Drummerdad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: gray
State: TN

Post by Drummerdad »

Might be google spiders or bots. I have been moderator and even admin on other forums, and the google spiders and bots are always through the roof.

I agree about the facebook pages. I dont have facebook, but my wife does, and there is a ton of stuff available if you are shopping, and you can get it local. I prefer forums because of the information you can get from the guys who have already done it. You cant search well on facebook either. But facebook is killing a lot of websites.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

You can watch it at the bottom of the board index page:

Who is online
In total there are 241 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 237 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
Most users ever online was 277 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:17 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jengel451, PwrWgnDrvr

Its obviously something very weird. Only myself and one other registered member (out of 6000+) are online. So if statistically NONE of the registered users are here, why are there more than 200 unregistered here?
Its never been like this before yesterday.

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 712edf »

I was big on FB about 10+ years ago when it was more user friendly. It was good for keeping up with old friends, classmates, distant relatives, etc.
Then they changed the format & algorithm, you may have 300 friends but only interacted with maybe 10 of them. Then when politics got involved I found it was just a place to go to get pi$$ed off so I kinda stepped away. I check the local marketplace but that's about it. I don't mess with any of the FB forums/groups.

I scan Joe's & "Gordon's" PW sites but don't post much. Even less on Norm's old Swepty site. I am probably most active on the ramcharger site because they deal with the 70's trucks, but even there politics is ruining it.

Hell I even left this site for about a year because of an argument I got wrapped up in over side marker lights. :pale

I don't look at craigslist or ebay much either these days. I'm just at the point in life where I don't have the time, energy nor money to jack with projects anymore, can barely keep things running & gassed up.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

Drummerdad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: gray
State: TN

Post by Drummerdad »

Its not just here. On another forum, there were 11 registered users, and 1150+ guests. The busiest forum I go to has 96 registered users, and 2024 guests. I was going to suggest it might be the noticeable increase in interest for older trucks, but thats not it. Weird.

sixpak340
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Carlisle
State: PA

Post by sixpak340 »

Spambots searching for email addresses to use for ill purposes.

64D100Poly
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vancouver
State: WA

Post by 64D100Poly »

As of writing this there's 108 people online, only 5 of which are registered.
A grinder & paint make me the welder I ain't

-1965 (early) D100 Sweptline Daily
-1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer
-1968 Barracuda Formula S
OO\===/OO

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

it is probably a mix of spam bots and lurkers.

i grant new user rights 3 or 4 times a day with 2 or 3 obvious spammers attempting to make an account every week.

some weeks those numbers go way up and then some weeks i'll go several days with no new user requests.

with as many people trolling around i figured the forum would be more active than it is.

i absolutely loath facebook and all the different sweptline "groups" on it. you can never find any posts from the past and its search is total garbage.

Ben
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

CSS-Registry wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:01 am
it is probably a mix of spam bots and lurkers.

i grant new user rights 3 or 4 times a day with 2 or 3 obvious spammers attempting to make an account every week.

some weeks those numbers go way up and then some weeks i'll go several days with no new user requests.

with as many people trolling around i figured the forum would be more active than it is.

i absolutely loath facebook and all the different sweptline "groups" on it. you can never find any posts from the past and its search is total garbage.

Ben

Facebook Groups pull people away from the Forums such as this one. Seen that with other hobby's. I have commented in the Facebook Sweptline Groups on a number of occasions regarding a specific problem with the accompanying Sweptline.org Link.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

nutz
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: phillipburg
State: NJ

Post by nutz »

i never face book
so happy to have this place to go
nutz

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

dodgeboykim wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:42 pm
Facebook Groups pull people away from the Forums such as this one. Seen that with other hobby's. I have commented in the Facebook Sweptline Groups on a number of occasions regarding a specific problem with the accompanying Sweptline.org Link.
I never bothered with facebook. Some of the young Sweptline puppies have apparently migrated from
here over to facebook. :thinking

I still drive and tinker with my Sweptlines.... although not quite as often as I used to.
The job, homestead and family obligations keep me hopping most of my free time.

I'm nearing an age that I can say "Yeah.... my '61 D200 to W200 conversion is going to
be a retirement project." I got it underway a few years back.... got a nice '61 replacement
cab, all of the drive train components, etc., etc..... and then I hit a massively busy stretch
in my life.

The other thing with being in this hobby and amassing a huge pile of spare[ & restoration]
parts over the past 2 decades is that I'm pretty well set. Just to cover shipping in today's
economy for some of the stuff I bought years ago would probably break the bank. :lol:

John

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

Hobcobble wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:35 am
dodgeboykim wrote:
I never bothered with facebook. Some of the young Sweptline puppies have apparently migrated from

I still drive and tinker with my Sweptlines.... although not quite as often as I used to.

I'm nearing an age that I can say "Yeah.... my '61 D200 to W200 conversion is going to
be a retirement project." I got it underway a few years back.... got a nice '61 replacement
cab, all of the drive train components, etc., etc..... and then I hit a massively busy stretch
in my life.

The other thing with being in this hobby and amassing a huge pile of spare[ & restoration]
parts over the past 2 decades is that I'm pretty well set. Just to cover shipping in today's
economy for some of the stuff I bought years ago would probably break the bank. :lol:

John
I am in a number of Facebook groups and I'm far from being a :pale puppy. Sold quite a few parts from my collection in those groups. :dance :dance :dance :dance
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

dodgeboykim wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:17 am
Hobcobble wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:35 am
dodgeboykim wrote:

in my life.

John
I am in a number of Facebook groups and I'm far from being a :pale puppy. Sold quite a few parts from my collection in those groups. :dance :dance :dance :dance
"Visiting" fb is not the same as "migrating" to fb. Those who migrate to fb are pups regardless of their actual age.