Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Is this for real?

Post by dodgeboykim »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:58 pm
"Visiting" fb is not the same as "migrating" to fb. Those who migrate to fb are pups regardless of their actual age.

I can embrace other forms of internet access. Sorry you seem to look down on others that use Facebook. :thinking :salut :salut :salut :salut
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

dodgeboykim wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:17 am
I am in a number of Facebook groups and I'm far from being a :pale puppy. Sold quite a few parts from my collection in those groups. :dance :dance :dance :dance
One subtle difference I've noticed.......
You come back here. Many others don't. :thinking

John

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by dodgeboykim »

Hobcobble wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:57 pm
dodgeboykim wrote:
I am in a number of Facebook groups and I'm far from being a :pale puppy. Sold quite a few parts from my collection in those groups. :dance :dance :dance :dance

John
I suggest others come to this group when they are looking for information in Tech postings etc.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

dodgeboykim wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:49 pm
Hobcobble wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:57 pm
dodgeboykim wrote:

John
I suggest others come to this group when they are looking for information in Tech postings etc.
Kim, like John, I wasn't referring to you, nor MarkD, nor Bucky and others. There are thousands of registered users on this site that NEVER post here anymore. They are the pups that went to fb (migrated) and never return. Props to you for promoting this site there, as does MarkD (swptln).

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

I don't talk trucks on FB. Even back when I was "active" on FB I didn't. It mainly was just a social gathering place, a way to sort of keep in touch with ol friends/classmates/coworkers, out of town relatives & so forth. But FB changes over the years meant you only really kept in touch with the same 8-10 people & the others fell to the wayside.

Then all the politics came to the front. And one "view" was accepted a hell of a lot more than the others. I got put in FB jail because my comments weren't in line with their community standards. So while I still have a FB account, I'm down to only 8 "friends" & only use it to look at pictures of grandkids & items for sale in the marketplace. I don't post anymore. Really don't miss it nor all the drama.

These truck specific sites are where I get my information fix so to speak. There is a wealth of knowledge here. I hope it doesn't die off.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by dodgeboykim »

712edf wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:58 pm
I don't talk trucks on FB. Even back when I was "active" on FB I didn't. It mainly was just a social gathering place, a way to sort of keep in touch with ol friends/classmates/coworkers, out of town relatives & so forth. But FB changes over the years meant you only really kept in touch with the same 8-10 people & the others fell to the wayside.

Then all the politics came to the front. And one "view" was accepted a hell of a lot more than the others. I got put in FB jail because my comments weren't in line with their community standards. So while I still have a FB account, I'm down to only 8 "friends" & only use it to look at pictures of grandkids & items for sale in the marketplace. I don't post anymore. Really don't miss it nor all the drama.

These truck specific sites are where I get my information fix so to speak. There is a wealth of knowledge here. I hope it doesn't die off.

Bucky

I'm in a few Facebook groups where off subject matter is strictly forbidden. That I appreciate. :thinking :dance

64D100Poly
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vancouver
State: WA

Post by 64D100Poly »

712edf wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:58 pm
Then all the politics came to the front. And one "view" was accepted a hell of a lot more than the others. I got put in FB jail because my comments weren't in line with their community standards.
ain't that the unfortunate truth
A grinder & paint make me the welder I ain't

-1965 (early) D100 Sweptline Daily
-1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer
-1968 Barracuda Formula S
OO\===/OO