Lunatech
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Eagle Point
State: OR

Introduction, hello.

Post by Lunatech »

Hello all,
I've been a member for quite some time now and have never posted. I have read into the wee hours on several occasions and learned a LOT.
I have had a few Swepties over the years and have always loved them.
About 6 years ago I acquired a '68 D200 Adventurer, 383/727/Dana 60, Turquoise. It's the first one I've hade since the '80's.
I drove it daily for quite some time till I got back in the tech field and, sadly it was not suitable for the job and was relegated to weekends and after work outings.
I had a death in the family and sorta lost interest in it (and practically everything else) for a while. I'm back in the game now.
As of now, to my knowledge, it is all stock except for dual exhaust, electronic ignition and a flex fan.
It basically sat for the last 2 years and now that I'm paying attention to it it is letting me know it is not happy with the neglect. Can't say I blame.
Anyhow, it has plenty to keep me busy. Various holes were cut into it by previous owners. Various holes have formed through oxidization. The carb hates me, king pins clunk, brakes are broke etc...

So yeah, I'll be around. May have some questions. May have some answers.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Introduction, hello.

Post by Hobcobble »

Glad to see you came out of the shadows. :lol: There are plenty of helpful people
on the site. Sorry to hear of the death in your family. Most all of us have been through
it. Sounds like you'll be able to whip the truck back into shape without a lot of difficulty. :Thumbsup

John

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Welcome... Back? :lol:
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

they are getting old and sub assemblies need rebuilding at some point. then ready for another few decades!