sovereignroom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: san leandro
State: CA

Raybestos

Post by sovereignroom »

I bought and trying to buy more drum brake parts for my 66 D100
AND I NOTICED I bought some raybestos "ELEMENT3" parts and some raybestos "R-LINE" parts , is mixing these two a bad idea? Or will they function well together, did I just make a rookie mistake?

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Re: Raybestos

Post by wally426ci »

According to their site, it's just a product quality thing. I would believe the the parts are virtually the same with different materials.

From their qwebsite:

Raybestos had our customers in mind when we decided to realign our product offering into three distinct lines.

Our Element3™ line is The Best in Brakes with enhanced, innovative product attributes for increased performance and a long life.

Our Specialty line helps you cover all of your niche market and unique application needs, delivering outstanding stopping power in extreme-use situations.

You now will get the same great products in easy-to-understand family packaging all with no part number changes.

These three distinct product categories will allow:

Straight-forward inventory that is easier to manage
Simple and clear product families that easily explain to your customers which products work together, providing great performance for the entire braking system with fewer comebacks
Increased sales by selling the complete braking system
Lines now include kits for top applications - one easy-to-order part number has everything you need for one axle
Award-winning catalog reflects family groupings and kits to easily identify the best parts for your brake job
Catalog contains improved product attributes, including English and metric measurements for all dimensions and added resources for each product
Catalog contains robust filtering options to save time and find exactly what you need
Easy to market, easy to sell