This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
oldfrogdiving
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: melbourne
State: FL

IGT 71 W200, Its been awhile..

Post by oldfrogdiving »

So I thought id update you guys as im putting off troubleshooting a wiring issue. I have a 71 W200 bought it cheap on the way to scrap yard drive it daily. I call it my IGT (Implement Green Truck), recently stranded me (back in Fl) with a dreaded firewall connector issue but im sorting it. The good news is that it recently did a 3000mile round tripper from Fl to Arkansas and back (slowly). I was gonna leave it up there but it did so well on the trip north i just figured what the hell. I have been making multiple runs using mostly my 96 F350 box truck (4x4) with a PSD in it or my 89 F250 IDI (2wd) I used the W200 to drag my 87 Dodge raider up to Ar. Unbelievably had zero issues there and back a testament to strong luck and a well engineered rig.So in order to be able to carry my 2 dogs who go everywhere with me I removed the bench seat installed a bucket I had knockin around which is way more comfortable. Added a small storage for spare tools etc..
Cab.JPG
area the dogs love it as they can peek out the windows or crash on the pad my GF donated for there luxury sleeping. Honestly this was one of the least stressful rides up and back I have made just kept it in slow lane and didnt pass many gas stations couple of combat knaps in the back.
71W200IGT.JPG
66 D200 225 uti (ex mil, gone but not forgotten)
71 W200 318 4spd limited slip 67k
89 F250 7.3 idi 61k
87 Dodge Raider 91k
96 F350 4x4 PSD 109K