City: Gleason
State: TN

Re: 1600mi Road Trip in a 71 D100

Post by ckjarr »

swptln wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:00 pm
ckjarr wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:38 pm
Thanks for all the advise! I really do appreciate it! PwrWgnDrvr is coming through with an affordable option for now on the trans mount. I am going to have to address the suspension before trying to drive many miles. Since I have no reference to a factory ride height, would someone mind sharing where this truck sit from the factory and where you measured from? I like the ride height now and will replicate it if possible but the method used is crude and ineffective. Not to mention, unsafe... If I can achieve close to the same ride height with dearched springs and a front axle drop I would begin a search for factory springs to work with.
Stock ride height with stock wheels and tires (15" x 8.15 tires/approximately 27.5-28" tall), would be 12.8" from the bottom of the frame rail at core support to the ground.
Thanks! At least that gives me some sort of baseline to start with.

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Re: New Member

Post by my5thmopar »

my5thmopar wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:47 am
Welcome from another TNer. You’re going to have a cool adventure regardless of what happens. Craig
Kyle it was nice to meet and talk with you today the Music City Mopar Show. Congrats on your family's win with the cbody. It is a cool car. Craig