39Chev
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pillager
State: MN

step side vs. sweptline

Post by 39Chev »

Quick question:
Are step side beds desireable? I am looking at a 1963 d100 with a step side bed (short box) and I would want a (short box) sweptline bed. Would that be something that would be an easy trade, a stepside box for a sweptline box?

Thanks!

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: step side vs. sweptline

Post by dodgeboykim »

39Chev wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:30 am
Quick question:
Are step side beds desireable? I am looking at a 1963 d100 with a step side bed (short box) and I would want a (short box) sweptline bed. Would that be something that would be an easy trade, a stepside box for a sweptline box?

Thanks!

Basically unbolt one and bolt on the other. May be a few minor things to deal with. :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

39Chev
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 39Chev »

Thanks for the reply, but I guess I was not clear in my question...

Do you think it would be easy to find someone who would want to trade a shortbox sweptline for a shortbox step-side box? Is the step-side box more desireable? (It's not more desireable to me, that's why I am wondering if it would be easy to find someone that wanted to trade). I know the physical job of swapping them would be fairly easy, I just don't know if there's any boxes out there that are available.

Thanks!

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Short wide boxes are harder to find and more desirable, especially the early version. The last 1.75" of the frame is cutoff for the ute bed to fit. Might need to weld it back on for a wide box.

39Chev
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 39Chev »

Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the case...