This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
WarEagle
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntsville
State: AL

Engine Bay Decals

Post by WarEagle »

At the point in the restoration of my 1967 D100 to begin identifying and installing engine bay period correct decals. Thus far have identified from National Parts Depot:

DD16 Mopar Antifreeze Warning - Top Left Side Core Support
DD16 Mopar Antifreeze Warning - Top Left Side Core Support
DD268 318/210 Hp - Air Cleaner Lid
DD268 318/210 Hp - Air Cleaner Lid
DD268.JPG (10.95 KiB) Viewed 789 times
DD350 Battery Warning - Top Right Side Core Support
DD350 Battery Warning - Top Right Side Core Support

Have also identified what I believe to be the period correct decal for the Heavy Duty Oil Bath Air Cleaner but have been unable to locate a source to purchase from.

Heavy Duty Air Cleaner - Air Cleaner Lid
Heavy Duty Air Cleaner - Air Cleaner Lid

Questions for those that have already gone down this path:

1. Is this the period correct Heavy Duty Oil Bath Cleaner decal? If so, suggested source.
2. Any additional period correct decals that I need to pursue?
3. Are the decal installation locations listed correct?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.....

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Re: Engine Bay Decals

Post by Wildergarten »

WarEagle wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:59 pm
Have also identified what I believe to be the period correct decal for the Heavy Duty Oil Bath Air Cleaner but have been unable to locate a source to purchase from.

Questions for those that have already gone down this path:

1. Is this the period correct Heavy Duty Oil Bath Cleaner decal? If so, suggested source.
I haven't been down the path, but I do have a factory oil bath air cleaner from my old '69 318. The 210 HP stick is correct, but I haven't seen that HD Oil Bath sticker before. It's not on the one I have from that truck.
WarEagle wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:59 pm
2. Any additional period correct decals that I need to pursue?
I like the one in the door jamb on the '68 truck I had.
Sticker Stickler 20180501_095739.jpg
Factly original!

And yes, it really was originally upside down. Methinks somebody on the line had an attitude about such things. If I could get one, I'd put it on the truck I'm building. So if, during your search, you see one, please let me know. Thanks,

Mark
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

WarEagle
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by WarEagle »

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. It's ironic that that "CYA " label was installed upside down on the door jamb. Will let you know if I run across a HD Air Cleaner Decal.

Mike....

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Wildergarten »

WarEagle wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Thanks for the reply. It's ironic that that "CYA " label was installed upside down on the door jamb. Will let you know if I run across a HD Air Cleaner Decal.
Thanks but I'm not building a restoration but a work truck. What I'd really like to find is an oil bath air cleaner for a big block 2bbl carb!
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

WarEagle
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by WarEagle »

Mark,

Haven't run across a big block 2bbl Heavy Duty Oil Bath Air Cleaner during my search for the air cleaner maintenance label. Looking at the parts catalog available on this site the air cleaner part number is 2658385 found in catalog section 14-29-2.

You, peaked my interest on the label oriented upside down on the '68 you owned. It should have been oriented so that it was readable from inside the vehicle. Surprisingly, this label is available after market.
Publix Law Decal.JPG

https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysle ... rettyPhoto

Also, peaked my curiosity as to why this label was required.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/history/en ... y-act-1966

Mike.....

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Wildergarten »

WarEagle wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:52 pm
Haven't run across a big block 2bbl Heavy Duty Oil Bath Air Cleaner during my search for the air cleaner maintenance label.
I've scanned ebay on and off for a year or more with no luck. Is the part number stamped on the sheetmetal?
I don't know if there is enough room under the hood, but there are a couple of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Mopar-1961 ... SwxupbDt8l
WarEagle wrote:
You, peaked my interest on the label oriented upside down on the '68 you owned. It should have been oriented so that it was readable from inside the vehicle. Surprisingly, this label is available after market.
Great piece of research, thank you. I'll definitely buy one, and mount it upside down, just for grins. Every time I think of it I wonder about the guy who put it there that way, and why. Had to be miffed about something.
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

MrMopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lompoc

Post by MrMopar »

WarEagle wrote:
Mark,

Haven't run across a big block 2bbl Heavy Duty Oil Bath Air Cleaner during my search for the air cleaner maintenance label. Looking at the parts catalog available on this site the air cleaner part number is 2658385 found in catalog section 14-29-2.

Publix Law Decal.JPG

https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysle ... rettyPhoto

Also, peaked my curiosity as to why this label was required.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/history/en ... y-act-1966

Mike.....
Not sure when this decal started, 68? I know 69s had it, not 67
I know cars pretty well, trucks, not so much.

Alan
Alan Erland
1967 Plymouth Barracuda
1969 Dodge Polara CHP
1969 Dodge Polara
1970 Dodge Camper Special
www.MrMopar.com

swptln
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Brookfield
State: MA

Post by swptln »

They started in 68 was part of all the FMVSS.

I'm looking into having those decals reproduced along with the 4wd dash instructions, coolant decals, etc. I already have the 61-68 201 instruction decal available........the up front cost of the safety, coolant and air cleaner decals is pretty costly and where there already available through some of the passenger car suppliers, I might just stick to the truck specific ones.
Mark D.

61-71 Dodge Truck Association
http://www.sweptlinesunlimited.com

1968 W200 Sweptline
1969 D100 Utiline
1993 D250 Club Cab