This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
jboymechanic
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Muskego
State: WI

New member - Milwaukee, WI area

Post by jboymechanic »

Hi all, my name is Jon and I just joined the forum. I don't currently own a sweptline truck, but it is my goal to own one. I've had several Forward Look Mopars, I currently own a 1956 Imperial coupe and a 1960 Plymouth 9 passenger wagon. I'm in the process of selling a pair of 1960 and 1961 Plymouth 2 door sedans. I'd really like to then end up with a 4 headlight body style Sweptline (1961 to mid 1965?), D100 or D200, and would prefer a slant six with stick shift. I would consider later trucks too. My ultimate goal would be to leave the truck stock with the exception of updating to front disc brakes and I would probably go for a newer 4 or 5 speed manual transmission update for improved driving pleasure and economy (I've swapped an Ax15 into both of my 1960 Plymouths and they're great to drive and good on gas).

I intend to watch craigslist, FB market place and now this forum for any vehicles within a reasonable distance to SE Wisconsin. I don't want to restore cosmetically, only to fix mechanically. Not afraid to revive an engine, replace brakes or anything like that, but I don't want to get into body work. If anyone knows of anything or has a truck they're looking to sell, please let me know.

I look forward to learning a lot about these trucks from the forum. Thanks for having me.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New member - Milwaukee, WI area

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome to the forum. :welcome :usa :Thumbsup Happy hunting.
Put an ad in the Wanted section. :study :idea

John

jboymechanic
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Muskego
State: WI

Post by jboymechanic »

Thank you John, I'll do that.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Good luck on the "hunt". :salut You may have to travel a bit to find one. Here in NJ there aren't too many around.
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489