This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
alvarado5
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Bulverde
State: TX

Post by alvarado5 »

Hi all,

I'm, from Texas i have a 1969 d100 long-bed with a slant six with three on the tree, it was passed down to me at 16 by my great-grandfather. I'm leaning more to street rod: lowered but with a nice ride and some power with updated features such as disc and ac for sure. I'm looking into an engine swap or beef up the slant six, a newer front and rear end, (ifs, 4 link) I've looked into fatman, unclejimmys and gerst. I just wanted to say hi and if y'all have any builds similar feel free to share, ill be lurking around the topics and searching for now. Thanks and have nice day.

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview

Re: newbie

Post by mopardwh »

Where in texas? Is this a driver, or a project?
Doug

bbakernm
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rio Rancho
State: NM

Post by bbakernm »

Welcome!

I'm in a similar situation, with a '65 D200/slant6/3 on tree. Evaluating IFS, 4 link, etc. I have obtained a 400 big block and an A833 manual trans already.
Lurking and learning!

Brad in Rio Rancho

alvarado5
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Bulverde

Post by alvarado5 »

Close to San Antonio, it will be a weekend driver, the last time I drove the truck was 1996 before the military. Im weighing my options on the engine, i like the idea of the slant and the column shift but haven't looked enough to see if the ifs changes all that. Nice to hear from you Brad and mopar, once I start working on her i start posting maybe it will help with idead.