This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
marklein
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Red Deer
State: Foreign

1968 Adventurer

Post by marklein »

Found a 68 Adventurer in a barn yesterday. Been parked for 10-15 years, was a 318, but has a 383 now. Bucket seats, dash shifter, all the inside adventurer trim. Did they put the buckets in trucks in 68, or would they be from a later truck. Will be a driver next summer after replacing many rubber components.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Re: 1968 Adventurer

Post by Jims68 »

Yes, they did put bucket seats in the '68 Adventurer!! That is what I have in mine. I "believe" that the bucket seats were an OPTION.
Attachments
07. Seats installed.JPG
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

It should have a DODGE in script emblem on the glove box door. If there, and not broken, that is a rare find! Also, the handle that releases the seats to adjust them is usually broken. It has a weak point at the bolt hole - not enough meat left after they drilled the hole in the rod. Be careful with it.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:02 pm
It should have a DODGE in script emblem on the glove box door. If there, and not broken, that is a rare find! Also, the handle that releases the seats to adjust them is usually broken. It has a weak point at the bolt hole - not enough meat left after they drilled the hole in the rod. Be careful with it.
Not a DODGE emblem, but an Adventurer emblem on the glove box door. My "A" was broken off and I found another Adventurer one at a flea mart, but the "pins" were broken off. I'm not sure how to attach it... :thinking

I didn't know the seat adjuster handle was weak. I never change the position anyway.
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

I think I mixed up the yrs. DODGE was on the 69-71 glove boxes. And yes, the A is almost always broken off. You could "glue" it on with various adhesives.