This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
sovereignroom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: san leandro
State: CA

new guy, location bay area CA

Post by sovereignroom »

Hi everyone, I have a 1966 Dodge D100 that I'm looking to repair, as of right now I'm currently sanding out the body, it needs tons of work, with lots of parts needed as well as lots of knowledge that needs to be heard. I would love some assistance from anyone. It has a 225 slant six cyl engine, that's all I know, lol so pls anyone who sells parts, any special spots for repairs, let me know!

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos

Re: new guy, location bay area CA

Post by Wildergarten »

sovereignroom wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:32 pm
Hi everyone, I have a 1966 Dodge D100 that I'm looking to repair, as of right now I'm currently sanding out the body, it needs tons of work, with lots of parts needed as well as lots of knowledge that needs to be heard. I would love some assistance from anyone. It has a 225 slant six cyl engine, that's all I know, lol so pls anyone who sells parts, any special spots for repairs, let me know!
Welcome from Los Gatos! I do have bits and pieces, but mostly for BB 200-series trucks. The guy for you to plumb is PwrWgnDrvr in Walnut Creek.
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Post by Jim100 »

If you have not already post what specifically you are looking for in the parts wanted section. Welcome!

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Welcome to the site! MOST if not all Sweptlines will need some floor rust repair along with Rockers (most times). Bottoms of the doors, Cowls can have rust, hoods under the DODGE letters... Yep, they are susceptible to RUST. I've seen some pretty nasty trucks come back, so don't despair everyone here is willing to help out with advice. Parts can also be found, just post in the "Parts Wanted" area.

Just have FUN!
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

sovereignroom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: san leandro

Post by sovereignroom »

cool thank you all for the info ill try and put photos to show you all what im working with