This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Cj92345
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hesperia
State: CA

another noob....what was i thinking....

Post by Cj92345 »

just finished a "light' restoration on a 64 gmc 4x4, tires, wheels, complete interior, outside lenes, weatherstips, ect, easy stuff with no problem getting parts from LMC, than I saw this 69 d100 short bed for sale, 98k miles, v8, auto, p/s, original paint, straight body, for what I thought was a good price, but needed about the same restoration stuff and fix the power steering leak, figured all this stuff is easily available.. :lol: (I did no research)I guess the biggest pain is the power steering, I just shipped everything off to be rebuilt (figured I could just buy everything new)...lol...it will be cool when done but parts are kinda tricky to say the least.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: another noob....what was i thinking....

Post by Hobcobble »

Congrats on your D100 and welcome to the world of limited availability. :welcome :usa
Sweptlines are a bit more challenging to round up parts for vs other brands. Seeing as
how they're vastly superior though..... it makes it all worth it. :clap

John

Drummerdad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: gray
State: TN

Post by Drummerdad »

Dodges are much harder. I have a 67 D100 (Isaacs truck) Im in the middle of, and its tough. I also have a 67 Ford f100 that is much easier, I can actually purchase parts... easy and cheap. By my own reckoning, on a scale of 1-10, one being easiest, Chevys are a 1, Fords are about a 3 or 4, and Dodges are probably about an 8 or 9. I know a guy who restored a 70s volvo station wagon. That has to be a 10. My boss at work is working on a 71 C10 , and they have bolt in IFS and rear 4-link. Just super easy and everything is available. You can literally start with zero C10 parts and build a new one.

Good luck with the D100. It will be very cool and unique when finished.

sdenty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Buena Park
State: CA

Post by sdenty »

I'm in your area alot(apple Valley),send me a message I have a 64,66,and 67 and lots of spare parts if you need help or just finding stuff.