This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Dale
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Middlefield
State: OH

Everyone Keeping Warm?

Post by Dale »

Wow, we received quite a snow fall yesterday! The Lake Erie snow machine was in effect. Now, there is about a foot of snow where I live. The commute to work was exciting. My little S10 Blazer made it all the way, and the 4WD system I rebuilt worked great!

Anyhow, I just wanted to drop in and say hello! I'm enjoying working on my 71 W100. I have the bulk of the wiring figured out. There are new wires to rout, cab lights to rewire in, and my truck still has nice side marker lights, front and back, that I need to make sure I get wired in right.

This weekends plans are to get the final prep work done to the floor pans. Cutting, trimming, and adding steel will be my first step. Then a good cleaning.

Hope you guy are enjoying your Dodge Trucks as much as I am! Oh yea, my wife says that I can get my new tires next summer! I have been looking for a 32"x15"x11.5" mud tire. I'm not sure I want to go with a larger 33" tire.

Have a good day!
1971 Dodge W100

jonw500
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hanna
State: WY

Re: Everyone Keeping Warm?

Post by jonw500 »

Ahh, warm during that second season that's quite an open ended questions, lol. We just got dumped on again. Last go around like this it took me about 4 hours with the snow blower to get it cleaned up. Gotta be careful where I put the snow, seems to melt and freeze up the french drains.
Wiring, don't you appreciate the simplicity of the design of the ole sweptlines, mine's a 64. No fuses, seatbelts, warning systems (mostly) no hazard flashers, etc. Heaters, interior lights, and mirrors were a luxury. Just a truck, love it

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

It isn't quite cold here YET in NJ... but hovering around 50 during the days, and going down in the 30s at night.
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

45 and raining in Anchorage, Alaska today.

pismopowerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Caldwell
State: ID

Post by pismopowerwagon »

21 this morning, 28 for a high :pale but still drove my 58 to work :Thumbsup
Andy