This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Dale
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Middlefield
State: OH

Anyone Buy A New Distributor?

Post by Dale »

So I went out and got a new distributor. No, its not the top of the line brand, or the most expensive. However, information states that the unit is "ready to install". Has me thinking that I don't need to remove the cap to check the air gap between the reluctor and coil. Not to mention, there are two stickers that read: "Warranty void if removed", indicating that the sticker would be broke if I took the cap off. Hummm,...…

Background on my distributor: Napa brand, part# NNDST3890, electronic single pick-up coil with vacuum canister. Information says on the box that the distributor meets or exceeds O.E specifications, includes all electrical components. This distributor is for my small block Mopar 318, carb, out of a '84 Ramcharger that's in my '71 W100.

Anyone ever not open up a new distributor cap to check the air gap? What else would I want to check if I did? Do any distributors come "pre-set"

Thanks
1971 Dodge W100

Dale
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Middlefield
State: OH

Re: Anyone Buy A New Distributor?

Post by Dale »

Being a new guy, this warranty void sticker is just stupid. One must be able to note the rotor location, and I'm going to check the reluctor air gap. I got to watch getting tripped up on things, lol! Sorry for the post.
1971 Dodge W100

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Anyone Buy A New Distributor?

Post by Hobcobble »

Dale wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:17 am
Being a new guy, this warranty void sticker is just stupid.
Kind of like the tags on furniture that say don't remove under penalty of law. :joker :lol:
Just don't remove the sticker itself. I think you're perfectly OK if you pop the cap off and
make sure of the proper adjustments. :Thumbsup

John