This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Dale
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Middlefield
State: OH

John's 1971 W100 Update

Post by Dale »

I really enjoy working on my truck! And when I'm not, I'm here in "class", and thumbing through any of my 5 manuals. What an extreme, helpful amount of information and suggestions from PwrWgnWalt's article: 67'-71' Electrical System-Component By Component! That has me in the ballpark, and really shed a light on the Service Manual.

Today I got the passenger side lower door hinge replaced. The hinge bracket sure was wallowed out, both top-side and bottom-side. This has to be the easiest hinge I ever replaced! I made sure before I closed the door, that I was not going to buckle the fender and crinkle the door. So nice! Then, I got the cab tank filler neck cleaned up and painted, and installed with a new cap. I still can't get over having tailgate folding hinges either!

The old rusted out floor pans I cut out, and reinstalled new pans are a success, and will be welded into place over this Thanksgiving Holiday. I got the bed mounts all tightened down, and need to make 3 more angle mounts from wood. Right now, I'm going through the cab wiring system, and bulkhead insulator stuff. I have so much more to do, but quality in small chunks is how I work.

Love these Sweptlines!
1971 Dodge W100

sledgehammer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: puyallup,wa

Re: John's 1971 W100 Update

Post by sledgehammer »

Nice progress

Dale
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Middlefield
State: OH

Re: John's 1971 W100 Update

Post by Dale »

Thanks! You would think I'm taking Collage night classes the way I'm tackling the wire diagram for my truck!
1971 Dodge W100