Wellser
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Loveland
State: CO

Hello and thanks for all the help!

Post by Wellser »

Hello Everyone,

I’m been a forum member for about 2 years and this is my first post. I want to start by saying thank you to all who have contributed to this forum through the years and have helped make it what it is! It has really helped me out.

I also thought I’d introduce myself and my Sweptline. My name is Wells and this is Evangeline.
IMG_2758.jpg
IMG_2766.jpg
IMG_2770.jpeg
IMG_2771.jpeg
IMG_2772.jpeg
She’s a 1971 D-200 Adventurer with a 383 V-8 and the 3-Speed Automatic A727 and she’s become precious to me.

Without going too deep into the story… In the 2000’s my dad was working up in Laramie trying to revive the old family business that my grandpa stared back in the 60’s; Albany Glass, a full-service glass shop. He found her sitting in a neighboring back lot and looking lonely and he told me it reminded him of his dad’s, my grandpa’s, 1st company truck: a 1968 Sweptline. Later grandpa added a 1970 Sweptiline to the company fleet and about the time my dad was finishing high school he was working for my grandpa and rolling around in these trucks.

So, back to Evangeline, my dad inquired about her and the owner didn’t think much of her saying, of all things, that the tailgate didn’t ever seem to work right. He said he’d let my dad have it if my dad would put a windshield in one of the other trucks in his fleet (+/- $200). My dad was happy with that offer. He used it for a glass service truck for a couple of years and the tailgate has never been an issue.

Albany Glass never really took off again and my dad ended up retiring down in Texas. He didn’t need a work truck anymore so passed me this truck. Now she’s a daily driver for me.

Wellser
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: Hello and thanks for all the help!

Post by Wellser »

Overall, I think she's in pretty good shape! My dad had the seat reupholstered and a new floor matt put in.

Aside from that some of the service work I’ve done since she came home with me is:
- Rebuilt the front end
- New exhaust (from the exhaust manifold back)
- New Master Cylinder
- Rebuilt carb
- Replaced the steering box with the retro mod power steering swap. Thanks again for all the work that was done here to make that project a reality; epic!
- Replaced wiring for all lights except head lights; it was a real cluster from a poorly done jobs before (trailer AND camper wiring maybe?).
- Replaced front wheel cylinders and brakes.

Known issues I need to address in the future:
-Cab mounts and rusted out floor board, rocker panels, etc. I have some metal on order from Exline that should be here Feb 2020.
- She keeps fouling plug 8 and sometimes 4, which maybe contributes to some blow by and oil in my air filter. Seems to do better with Premium fuel.
- Heater A/C System service; good thing it’s stuck some where between heat and defrost and roast-your-foot-off-hot being as I’m in northern Colorado. And the A/C compressor is seized up.
- New tires; the ones she has now have great tread and a ton of dry rot.
- Fuel gauge doesn’t work

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Post by Wildergarten »

Doors and floors, the never-ending story.

Welcome! She's a beautiful truck. :Thumbsup
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

:welcome Nice truck.
61 shorty 170/ 3spd 3:91(sold)
66 lwb 318 poly/727/4:10 (sold)
67 shorty 318poly/4spd 3:55
68 ute 318/3 spd/3:55(sold)
70 318/727/3:23
66 d200 225/4spd/4:10( military)(sold)
68 d100 383/727/3:55

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome to the site. :welcome :Thumbsup :usa
Great looking Bog Block D200. :Thumbsup :clap

John

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Wellser, That truck IS a really nice looking truck. Welcome to the site!! :salut
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

thehemikid
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: western kentucky
State: KY

Post by thehemikid »

Nice truck indeed.
Evangeline wouldn't have come from one of the Wallace & Gromit caricatures would it? :Thumbsup

Wellser
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Wellser »

thehemikid wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:23 pm
Nice truck indeed.
Evangeline wouldn't have come from one of the Wallace & Gromit caricatures would it? :Thumbsup
No, although my wife likes those guys, I’m not that familiar with them. It’s just the name that came to mind and seemed to fit.

Dale
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Middlefield
State: OH

Post by Dale »

Hi! Welcome. Thanks for sharing! That's a nice truck you have there. I enjoyed the pictures! My 71 W100 is sort of a basket case right now. But, I recently got floor pans from Kenny, and they are great! I had to drill out and away the spot welds connecting the dimple of the pan, where the pan joins to the cab mount. I kind of lucked out because mine were not so rusty as to justify an all-out repair. A lot of in and out test fitting and trimming and I managed to get the pans cut to fit. I then made little pieces to weld to the kick panels on both sides out of the left over scraps cut away from the pans from Kenny.

I also got my cab sitting stout and pretty. I made new wood bed mounts too, though I still have the two sets of angle pieces to install. Best of luck and enjoyment with your Dodge truck!
1971 Dodge W100

Cleanfingernails
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Cleanfingernails »

"Evangeline", a song written by Robbie Robertson and performed by The Band with Emmylou Harris from The Last Waltz, and by Harris with Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt on Harris's album Evangeline.
Cleanfingernails
1963 D300 Poly318 Custom Original Camper

Wellser
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Wellser »

Cleanfingernails wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:00 pm
"Evangeline", a song written by Robbie Robertson and performed by The Band with Emmylou Harris from The Last Waltz, and by Harris with Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt on Harris's album Evangeline.
Ya, The Band with Emmylou Harris, doesn't get much better than that!

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

Nice truck!!! :welcome

Up on cripple creek she sends me, if I spring a leak she mends me, I don't have to speak she defends me, a drunkards dream if I ever did see one...
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom