sonicreducer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Spokane
State: WA

New guy looking at a 69 Utiline

Post by sonicreducer »

Hi everyone

Finally joined after lurking on here for a few years. Always loved the look of sweptlines and now looking to buy. Sweptlines seem few and far between in my area (Spokane, WA). I did find a 1969 D200 utiline at Wildcat Mopars in Sandy, Ore. and thinking of making the 500 mile drive to check it out. 318, 4 spd, needs brake work. $2500 I will try to post pics.
Attachments
01414_hmRk0lzrDNs_1200x900.jpg
01010_gdUUmZtvJe2_1200x900.jpg
00707_dcD2tDHEHu_1200x900.jpg
00w0w_982Bh4JugrX_1200x900.jpg
00I0I_4kaXhYhhls0_1200x900.jpg
00q0q_bYf0VxtQVCU_1200x900.jpg
00c0c_50szBCukQKe_1200x900.jpg
00J0J_eg0nA01QvB9_1200x900.jpg

sonicreducer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: New guy looking at a 69 Utiline

Post by sonicreducer »

My first time posting pics!

What do you all think? Has anyone here dealt with Wildcat Mopars? Their online reviews are all very positive. Thanks!

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome [officially] to the site. :welcome :usa
The D200 "looks" to be pretty complete and original as
far as body and engine are concerned. The VIN plate
on the driver's door jam will give you information on
the original engine/tranny/axle ratio. The floorboards
look like they'll need to be replaced. You should look
at the inner/outer rocker panels, roof drip rail, cab
mounts, cowl area [inside & outside the cab] as
well as the undercarriage. "Needs Brake Work" will
probably mean shelling out $500-$900 as they'll likely
need a thorough going over. Do you know if its been
run/moved recently? I personally think that $2500
is a bit on the high side in your area..... but maybe
I'm wrong? :thinking I'm sure others will chime in.

John

sonicreducer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by sonicreducer »

I spoke with a gal from Wildcat, she said the truck was a daily driver but now its been sitting a while. She said they purchased it locally. I asked about the brakes and if it's road worthy as it stands, she stated their lot is on a hill and she would not trust it to drive down the hill. She said it starts easily and runs great.

oldfrogdiving
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: melbourne
State: FL

Post by oldfrogdiving »

These trucks are fairly simple and a joy to own and drive. Brakes are not the most effective system even when completely rehabbed, you cant drive it like a modern car, give your self plenty of stopping distance. I recently picked up a 71 W200, I was gonna drive it some 80 miles back home but decided to pay an extra 250 to get it flatbeded to my lay yard. I have been going thru everything, the front brakes when disassembled completely saturated in gear oil, bearing grease, (closed knuckle dana 44 w bonus factory power lok!) I ended up replacing seals, inspecting and adjusting bearings, lock hubs, cleaned the brakes pads which looked nearly new other then saturated grease, (purple power cleaning solution) inspected brake lines, wheel brake hub,wheel cylinders and master cylinder (non power) after a good flush of brake fluids and bleeding its stops ok and does not pull left or right.

Also inspect levels of all fluids including rear diff, (lesson learned from a previous 66D200 that grenade-ed after getting it running. I have flushed (using cheap Walmart gear oil) and drained mine 3 times (both Np435 and transfer case now shift much better). Getting ready to do a final fill with royal purple gear oil in tranny /transfer case, all my fluids where milky even though breather hoses attached, the previous owner swamped the truck. Mine had replaced floorboards but some serious bondo work from mid 80s im guessing, so I ground all that off and resealed rust with Corroseal. Im no mechanic just a long log time tinkerer of all things mechanical. Its crazy how many thumbs ups I get driving this beast around. Go for it!
66 D200 225 uti (ex mil, gone but not forgotten)
71 W200 318 4spd limited slip 67k
89 F250 7.3 idi 61k
87 Dodge Raider 91k
96 F350 4x4 PSD 109K

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by earlymopar »

Wildcat is about 40 miles from me and is well known throughout the US as a great source for Mopar parts and the occasional complete car or truck. Their prices are typically higher than most but that is an accepted fact by most buyers as they usually have the parts a person needs. Depending on condition of course, that price seems OK.

- EM

Conrad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

Post by Conrad »

You are so close to Idaho. Pay a little more and buy a truck with less rust, and that is ready to fly out and drive back.