This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Any push trucks?

Post by WD »

I’ve scoured the internet photo search options. I’ve used search here, looking for a couple old threads. No luck.

Does anyone have photos of back in the day Sweptlines used as race track/dry lake push trucks? I have a 330hp 4wd off brand pusher, too new for the shows I like. I’d like to have the option of my truck looking like the local small track rigs I remember from 30-35yrs ago.

I can find Pilot House, Power Giant and Lifestyle push trucks all day long... there used to be Swepty push truck pics... :banghead
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Any push trucks?

Post by dodgeboykim »

WD wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:01 pm
I’ve scoured the internet photo search options. I’ve used search here, looking for a couple old threads. No luck.

Does anyone have photos of back in the day Sweptlines used as race track/dry lake push trucks? I have a 330hp 4wd off brand pusher, too new for the shows I like. I’d like to have the option of my truck looking like the local small track rigs I remember from 30-35yrs ago.

I can find Pilot House, Power Giant and Lifestyle push trucks all day long... there used to be Swepty push truck pics... :banghead
Ive seen pictures of Swepty push trucks and they just seem to have appropriate front bumper to do the job at hand and lettering on sides for the racer . Look to vintage race groups for pictures maybe.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by WD »

That’s what I’m talking about! Current pusher is a 92 K1500 cab and a half shorty. That might end up dolly pulling my 69 D100 work in progress to this year’s trunk or treat. IF I can get the towing lights working again... Push truck is named the Shipwreckrolet for good reason...

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by WD »

Progress is underway!

Disc brake conversion started.
Colors chosen, body repairs started.
Engine reliability updating started.
Wheels and tires chosen.
Mirrors repaired, ready to install.
100% L.E.D. light conversion started, including oversized marker lights.
Transmission serviced and sealed up.
Rear axle serviced, even remembered the grease.
Suspension overhaul started.
Prepping for harness swap to modern wires and fuses.

Remember, this truck should have been junked a long time ago. Getting a 4th lease on life, has been a normal truck, a moonshine hauler, and a Boy Scout troop and Venture Crew gear hauler.

Is the truck “worth” putting time, sweat or money into? Not really, but when you have 4 older fullsized trucks and 3 grandsons into them...

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by WD »

Meeting current paved track standards with an “antique” truck is an interesting experience. My dirt track pusher has a 500# iron and wood front bar, helps the front mud grip tires maintain traction on red slop clay.

I’d actually have to raise the 69 about 4” in the front. Run specified steer and drive tires. Add corner strobes. Add a roll cage to the cab, full harness, certified helmet, blah blah blah...

Good thing I’m going for a 70s/80s style. Tribute to a track that operated from 1956-2003... only tricky item is finding the right light bar. Nobody seems to have those anymore.