This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

I'm seeing more Sweptlines on Ebay and Craiglist

Post by my5thmopar »

There are about 10 on ebay now and I'm seeing them on craigslist every other week. The prices are unbelievable. I've seen a few sell for more than 50K, but, really!!!! I know it cost a lot to restore one and even more to do it correctly but, again really! The only quality restorations I've seen, are the ones here from some of you talented members. All I can say is crazy. I posted almost 1 year ago today that I needed to sell my 70 D200, but I never followed through. I've been approached several times about my 64 Utiline but, rarely the 70 D200. Maybe I should rethink selling the 70 why the "market" is high. I do need to buy some goodies for my 64 baby. :lol:

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Re: I'm seeing more Sweptlines on Ebay and Craiglist

Post by MadMC63 »

It's not just the Sweptlines its everything. Folks are taking run of the mill cars (any make) and calling them muscle cars and jacking the price way up. You've gotta love "Barn Find" and "Tribute" and how the words "Fully restored" or "Frame Off" are used when refering to some half @#% attempt to butcher. I never cease to be amazemed at the lenghts poeple will go to take advantage of each other.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

.... And they're all "Very Rare" too.... :dance :lol:
If I read the term "Rat Rod" in one more ad.... I'm gonna hurl ... :puke

John

hmaynord
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: fairhope
State: AL

Post by hmaynord »

and remember that you can't determine actual sales prices from ebay motors. because of state laws, there is no legally binding contract for transactions on ebay motors. nothing is final until the money and title (or bill of sale) change hands, and that actual price never makes it back to ebay.
harris
late 65 (titled as 66) D100 SWB 225-1, 3 speed, 3.91
driving it since 12/03/71

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

hmaynord wrote:and remember that you can't determine actual sales prices from ebay motors. because of state laws, there is no legally binding contract for transactions on ebay motors. nothing is final until the money and title (or bill of sale) change hands, and that actual price never makes it back to ebay.
I don't know about that. I've bought items over the years and the sale price would show after the transaction was complete. The only way it wouldn't is if someone didn't pay after they won the auction or if they made a side deal.

hmaynord
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by hmaynord »

soopernaut wrote:
hmaynord wrote:and remember that you can't determine actual sales prices from ebay motors. because of state laws, there is no legally binding contract for transactions on ebay motors. nothing is final until the money and title (or bill of sale) change hands, and that actual price never makes it back to ebay.
I don't know about that. I've bought items over the years and the sale price would show after the transaction was complete. The only way it wouldn't is if someone didn't pay after they won the auction or if they made a side deal.
so was the winning bid, as shown on ebay immediately after the auction ended, the same as what you paid or different?

I won an auction for a car, and after the auction was over, the seller canceled all of the bids, which I found out he could do under the terms of ebay motors. There really is no such thing as a "side bid" in ebay motors.
harris

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Post by MadMC63 »

And dont forget if just before the ebay auction is over and the seller dosent like what they see they can end the auction early and just start over. Kind of frustrating.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

hmaynord wrote:
so was the winning bid, as shown on ebay immediately after the auction ended, the same as what you paid or different?
Everything was what I paid.

hmaynord
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by hmaynord »

soopernaut wrote:
hmaynord wrote:
If, for whatever reason, you had ended up paying a different amount, that might not show up on ebay.
harris

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

hmaynord wrote:
soopernaut wrote:
hmaynord wrote:
If, for whatever reason, you had ended up paying a different amount, that might not show up on ebay.
I'm not sure what reason that would be. You bid what you are willing to pay. If you are the high bidder, eBay automatically bids a certain amount ( I think $10) over the next highest bidder. When the auction ends they tell you to pay that amount. You will pay more for transport and registration but that has nothing to do with eBay or the transaction. I don't see any reason for not paying the amount showing on eBay after the auction unless it was shill bidding.

I paid $660 for this Scout and that is what it shows. I bid $1200 in the last few seconds of the auction.

hmaynord
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by hmaynord »

OK. I agree with your description of the regular ebay rules. I imagine that the overwhelming majority of the ebay motors transactions also end up just as you describe. I was trying to point out that ebay motors has different rules, the good ol' fine print.
harris