Peero
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Los Angeles
State: CA

New User from Germany

Post by Peero »

Hello from Germany,

finally I managed to buy a 1965 Shortbed Sweptline. I hope to receive it before Xmas. I had already several later Lifestyle Pickups and this
is my first Sweptline. There is a good amount of people over here which likes old american irons and beside the Sweptline I have a 64 Dodge 440,
recently sold my 71 Sportfury and had years before a 69 Roadrunner, 68 Superbee, 72 New Yorker, 68 Fury Convertible and so on...you got it
Mopar only

My very first question: with the changes of the year 1965 did they switch to the pie pan grill AND the modern bed at one time?
Or otherwise a 65 Pie Pan grilled sweptline with a early bed is a Heinz?

Thx

Peer

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New User from Germany

Post by Hobcobble »

Peero wrote:Hello from Germany,

finally I managed to buy a 1965 Shortbed Sweptline. I hope to receive it before Xmas. I had already several later Lifestyle Pickups and this
is my first Sweptline. There is a good amount of people over here which likes old american irons and beside the Sweptline I have a 64 Dodge 440,
recently sold my 71 Sportfury and had years before a 69 Roadrunner, 68 Superbee, 72 New Yorker, 68 Fury Convertible and so on...you got it
Mopar only

My very first question: with the changes of the year 1965 did they switch to the pie pan grill AND the modern bed at one time?
Or otherwise a 65 Pie Pan grilled sweptline with a early bed is a Heinz?

Thx

Peer
Welcome to the site. :welcome
In mid '65, the grille was changed from the 4 headlight to the 2 headlight [pie plate] style.
Also, the early single wall round tail light Sweptline bed was replaced by the later double
wall bed with the oval tail lights. You can use either style short Sweptline [or Utiline] bed
as they are all designed for a 114" wheel base. If a "Heinz" means not original, you would
be correct with regards to the pie plate front in combination with an early style bed. :study :2cents
John

Peero
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Peero »

OK than one of none made....

Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Germany
State: Foreign

Post by 6969 »

Welcome from Germany to Germany - which area you're from?
I am mopar only, as well (both '69 Charger and A100) - we might have had contact at the mopar-forum.de? Or maybe you'll also try dodge-trucks.de - lots of knowledgeable people over there as well as here

Peero
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Peero »

6969 wrote:Welcome from Germany to Germany - which area you're from?
I am mopar only, as well (both '69 Charger and A100) - we might have had contact at the mopar-forum.de? Or maybe you'll also try dodge-trucks.de - lots of knowledgeable people over there as well as here
I guess so! Whats your name at http://www.mopar-forum.eu/ ? Mine is ToniMontana

Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Germany
State: Foreign

Post by 6969 »

I'm the troll nicknamed 69. :lol:

Your nick is known to me ;)