This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
ralphctodd
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Long Branch
State: TX

1971 Power Wagon W200

Post by ralphctodd »

71 Power Wagon that was a Fire Department Brush Fire Truck from New Holstein Voluntary Fire Department in Wisconsin.
Purchased about 3 months ago from the 2nd owner from the Fire Department. It currently has 20,400 miles. 318, four speed, 4WD, 8,000 Warn Winch, Fire truck equipment still with the truck are:
Red Lights, Siren, Electric Parking Brake, Right and left spot lights with Air Craft lights, Pike Pole, Large Wrecking bar, Master electrical cut off switch dash mounted, and some other items.

Drives like a new truck. Has some paint issues, and I am currently in the process of having it repainted.. I will post updated pictures later.

When I graduated from military school in 1970, my first vehicle I owned by myself, was a 1970 Dodge Dude. Blue with white strips. 318, 727, AC, Bucket Seats. It was a great truck. A few years later, I reluctantly traded it off. I have missed that Dodge Pickup all these years, then I ran across this Dodge Power Wagon and it in a lot of ways reminded me of the 1970 Dodge Dude. Well some discussion with the owner, and little back an forth on pricing he decided the old Dodge needed a new home and sold it to me. I plan on giving it a good easy life and preserving it the best I can for some future owner down the road. :salut
Attachments
Left Front.png
Left Front.png (106.97 KiB) Viewed 810 times

pismopowerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Caldwell
State: ID

Re: 1971 Power Wagon W200

Post by pismopowerwagon »

Cool truck, cool story, thanks for sharing :Thumbsup
Andy

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Great looking Power Wagon! Welcome to the site! :welcome :usa :Thumbsup

John

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

ralphctodd
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ralphctodd »

Soopernaut,

Your thread with the New Holstein F D / Phil "kickinkz" is awesome!!! Thanks for posting this thread. I am going to save it, and print it.

I purchased it from a Police Chief from New Jersey who is a Mopar collector. He told me he has three cars that have 426 Hemi's. Road Runner, Cuda and I forgot the third one. Our kinda folks. When the Power Wagon was delivered to me in Texas, it also had a large Hale Gas powered pump to use in pumping water. Also a large 3 ring binder with all sorts of information on this truck going back to the first part of 1971 when it was purchased. Interesting read in itself.

I plan on keeping it as much Fire Truck as possible. Give it a lot of TLC for years to come.

Septline.Org is a great forum....

Thanks,

Ralph

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

Here's more. I knew this truck had been on these forums for a while.

http://sweptline.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... in#p256321

ralphctodd
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ralphctodd »

Soopernaut,

Thanks again. Turns out this Power Wagon has some fans and history....

I did not know the engine had been rebuilt. That is great information to have. :study

Thanks,

Ralph