**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
DeepSea
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Honolulu
State: HI

Throwing out some ideas

Post by DeepSea »

So I’ve been brainstorming about the truck I want to build and have seen some good inspiration on a couple of threads.

My final build would like to be a mid 60’s model crew cab d/w200 body on a newer frame powered by a 12 valve cummins. I’ve read up on moparmorrel’s build and am thinking about heading in the same way but going with the 2nd gen 12 valve with the p pump over the 1st gen 12 valve. I know this truck would be far from original but it’s sounding pretty cool in my head.

What do y’all think?!

Deep Sea

sledgehammer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: puyallup,wa

Re: Throwing out some ideas

Post by sledgehammer »

Go for it. I like to read and see pics of other people's builds

12Valve
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Grand Forks
State: ND

Re: Throwing out some ideas

Post by 12Valve »

I think that it would be a interesting build. I have a P7100 in my 12 valve. I saw moparmorrel's build and it was interesting, I was going to do the same thing if mine was ever totaled in the winter, I've been rear-ended a few times in my truck. College students aren't the best drivers in the world, but a tow hitch fights off most cars.

The thing is what type of drive-train are you looking for? A 2 wheel drive automatic would be the easiest, and a 4 wheel drive manual, being the rarest. I'd look for extended cab second gens that have met their fair share of rust and no longer have a body but the frame is good. Go and join the Facebook group 12 Valve, and 24 Valve Diesels. Plenty of those guys do part outs and you could get a frame and drive-line on the cheap.