This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
rjschaff
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Knoxville
State: MD

Post by rjschaff »

Hi gang. I just bought a 1971 D300 for the second time! Here is the story. Back in 2003 I bought the truck as a cab & chassi that needed love. It interested me becasue it was ordered with 383, 4 speed tranny, and the deluxe (??) interior --carpets, etc, plus factory a/c. all this for a dump truck in 1971 --very unusal in my part of the US in 1971. By 2004 it had a new paint job (dark blue) and a new steel flat bed , plus a 3 speed aux. trans. Then I sold it. Fast forward to July of this year and I was looking for a antique truck of this vintage and size. I saw an ad and photo that sure looked like my old truck. I called the seller and asked if the truck had two gear shift leavers. He advised it did, but never used the second (shorter) one --in fact, he thought it might be for a pto or?? I bought it! The seller was NOT the guy who bought it from me in 2003 and really did not have history on the Dodge. Wherever it was , it was well kept and has had about 4k miles on it since I owned it. Finally, I have been a Mopar fan for many years. My first NEW car was a 1961 Valiant , white hard top with red bucket seats . I have owned several Dodge trucks over the years --old and new- from pickups to a Dodge Big Horn 10 wheel, Cummins powered tractor.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New Member

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome to the site! :welcome :usa :Thumbsup

John

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Re: New Member

Post by Jims68 »

:welcome Great story behind your truck! Remember....... everyone LOVES photos here! :salut Have FUN! :Thumbsup
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489