Post by powerwagon54 »

pm sent

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New member in Kaintucky [Kentucky]

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome to the site! :Thumbsup :welcome :usa You've come to the
right place for all the help you'll need to whip that truck back into shape.

John

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

It is pretty uncommon to find original paperwork. It would be interesting to see if you want to post it.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

This site will only accept an attachment of 256 KiB or smaller.

Read this first:
http://sweptline.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23632

And if your image is too large:
soopernaut wrote:
It may not be easy for a computer novice but here is what I do:

Open the full size photo off the camera with MS Paint. That is assuming you have a computer with MS paint.

Go to the toolbar at the top and select Resize. It may say stretch/skew on some versions of Paint.

Then resize by percentage. It will depend on what the original picture size is as to what you choose for a percentage. This site will allow a maximum of 256 KiB, what that really means in terms of picture size I don't know. I did a test and determined that a picture 900 x 650 pixels will work. Paint will tell you how many pixels it is at the bottom of the page. It will also tell you how many KiB it is after you save it. If you have a picture that is wider but not as tall or vice versa you can make it that way as long as you keep the size under 256KiB.

Then go to file, save as, JPEG or JPG and choose where you want to save it on your computer. I usually save it to the desktop but you could put it in photos. Make sure the photo is named.

Then you post it here using the new smaller photo that you saved.

Your other option would be to use a photo hosting site and put a link on this site.

SteveH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Auburn
State: AL

Post by SteveH »

I have crummy internet out here in the hinterlands and resizing pictures is a major time hole.

The way I've worked around it is by taking all my pictures with my old IPhone, and then sending them to myself in an Email from the phone. The IPhone asks if I want to send the picture "full size" or gives me three other options of size. I choose the one that''s under 250 KB and hit send.

Then when I'm in the house, I open my mail on the IPad and there are my pictures...all sized just right for posting.
I open the email, click on the picture to open it, then hold on the picture to open up the "save" feature. Save the picture. And then when I post here I browse for the picture and it's the right size.

Yes, it's a work around,...but hey, I'm not into vintage trucks and cars for the convenience either....
Haha

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

You can get a picture resizer app for your phone and be able to easily re-size your pics and just post from your phone. I have a galaxy s8-plus and I do everything from my phone.
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom