This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
DB69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: La Porte
State: IN

Thinning the herd

Post by DB69 »

I decided a few weeks ago, that it was time to thin the herd from two down to one.
Since the City of La Porte, and the State of Indiana decided they needed to reach
into my wallet and take an additional $40 for each vehicle I own, plus raise the gas
tax an additional dime per gallon, I decided it was time to part with one of my Dodge
vehicles. The cost to insure each one individually was identical to the penny.
The cost of a truck plate is $7 more than for a passenger vehicle plate, however I
decided that it was worth it since I prefer driving trucks over cars or vans.
The brake lines on the Dodge Ram needed replaced, so I took it to a local shop
here in La Porte, and they put the copperized lines in that won't rust. The money
I got from the van, which I sold Thursday was more than I needed to pay the van off.
I paid too much for it when I bought it but the condition it was in warranted paying more.
It had only 57,055 miles on it at 10 years old, and the body was in excellent shape.
Since then the body had started to show several spots with quite a bit of rust.
I thought it wise to get something for it while I still could, so long story short, it is now gone.
The odometer reading when it left here was 72,333, pretty good for 2 months shy of 13 years.
A month from today I will be getting my right hip replaced so this is just a step in improving my life.
The sticker in the door jamb indicates the truck's manufacture date as April 1997 by The Chrysler Corporation :clap
TommyDodge
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club cab 3rd owner 86,330 miles
I don't drive a Ram-I drive a Dodge Ram
Dodge Brothers Detroit USA,
In Memory of Molly and Missy, My Beagle Girls

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Thinning the herd

Post by Hobcobble »

Tom,
Glad to hear you kept the Dodge Ram. Best of luck on your
upcoming surgery. :Thumbsup
John

flannelback
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Port Townsend
State: WA

Re: Thinning the herd

Post by flannelback »

I feel your pain. I just picked up a 1968 D200, and my executive department says that a D100, D200, and ´63 Falcon is too much. I think the D100 must be sacrificed.