This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
LPSewptline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: La Plata
State: MD

New Member Intro

Post by LPSewptline »

Recently acquired this 1971 Dodge D100. My first time in this sort of category when it comes to cars (Been mostly German Cars) and I had been looking for a square bodied truck. Had not considered the Dodge until I saw this one and it was definitely the right color combo for me. Truck has the 318 V8 and is an automatic. Definitely some items to sort out and a couple leaks to further investigate but I'm excited about the truck. Truck does have some body work repairs done to it but overall it's in really good shape IMO.

What are some good resources for replacement parts and who are some of the better brands/websites I should be looking at?

-Mark
1971 Dodge D100

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Re: New Member Intro

Post by Jims68 »

:welcome WOW! That DOES look like a really nice truck! Congrats on that find!! There aren't too many places to buy "restoration" items like you would find with Ford or Chevy trucks. But you can find "Rubber" parts for door seals and windshield rubber easy enough. As for metal? Well, the only guy I know is a link that I will PM you. PLUS, for odd parts, just post in the parts wanted and you should get some responses for them.

Have FUN!!
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

:welcome Nice truck. :Thumbsup
61 shorty 170/ 3spd 3:91(sold)
66 lwb 318 poly/727/4:10 (sold)
67 shorty 318poly/4spd 3:55
68 ute 318/3 spd/3:55(sold)
70 318/727/3:23
66 d200 225/4spd/4:10( military)(sold)
68 d100 383/727/3:55

pismopowerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Caldwell
State: ID

Post by pismopowerwagon »

Great find I love that one :Thumbsup
Andy

LPSewptline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LPSewptline »

Jims68 wrote::welcome WOW! That DOES look like a really nice truck! Congrats on that find!! There aren't too many places to buy "restoration" items like you would find with Ford or Chevy trucks. But you can find "Rubber" parts for door seals and windshield rubber easy enough. As for metal? Well, the only guy I know is a link that I will PM you. PLUS, for odd parts, just post in the parts wanted and you should get some responses for them.

Have FUN!!
Thanks! I know i already need a new door seal for the driver side. BTW, should there be any rubber seal between the hood and the cab of the truck?

So for aftermarket parts like the engine, radiator, brakes is it just look at a JCWhitney type website?

I'm not going to be doing much with the body or the interior anytime soon which the interior is in good shape.

Certainly there is a master plan here but right now just need to get some basics done.
-Mark
1971 Dodge D100

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

LPSewptline wrote: Thanks! I know i already need a new door seal for the driver side. BTW, should there be any rubber seal between the hood and the cab of the truck?

So for aftermarket parts like the engine, radiator, brakes is it just look at a JCWhitney type website?

I'm not going to be doing much with the body or the interior anytime soon which the interior is in good shape.

Certainly there is a master plan here but right now just need to get some basics done.
I haven't dealt with JC Whitney for years. Mostly I just go to PEP Boys, NAPA, Autozone, or Advance Auto Parts. These may be local to you since you're in MD and I am in NJ.

For rubber, have a look at these guys: http://www.steelerubber.com

Also, you can do a search in the forums for weatherstrip.

No rubber between hood and cowl.
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville

Post by wally426ci »

GREAT looking truck! Did you find it locally? I am a ways north of you in Maryland but used to work in the La Plata area. Occassionally you'll see trucks in the junkyard on 214 (B&B?)

Agreed on NAPA or Rock Auto for replacement parts. If you are looking at options, post here to see what others have used. NOS can work for some parts too. BTW - this year is the 100 year truck anniversary celebration @ Carlisle Chrysler Nationals in July if you were thinking of coming.

TheMopars
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Burbank
State: CA

Post by TheMopars »

Congrats, sweet truck. Love the red with white roof.

LPSewptline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LPSewptline »

wally426ci wrote:GREAT looking truck! Did you find it locally? I am a ways north of you in Maryland but used to work in the La Plata area. Occassionally you'll see trucks in the junkyard on 214 (B&B?)

Agreed on NAPA or Rock Auto for replacement parts. If you are looking at options, post here to see what others have used. NOS can work for some parts too. BTW - this year is the 100 year truck anniversary celebration @ Carlisle Chrysler Nationals in July if you were thinking of coming.
I did not find it locally, it came out of Kentucky. Won't make that event in Carlisle.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and comments on the truck.
-Mark
1971 Dodge D100