abody
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kissimmee
State: FL

Curious on asking price

Post by abody »

Hello folks,
I recently ran across a 71 d-200 as you may have seen from other posts. While removing the fenders I took off the grill which was in really good shape. So even though my truck is a 61' grabbed it anyway, vs watching it go to the crusher. So, were I to sell this grill, with all inserts including running light assemblies and headlight bezels. What could I expect to get for it, respectively. I paid a small sum for it so either way I figure I'm on the positive side. Considering taking it to the next swap meet but would feel more comfortable getting an approximate value before I do so.
Thanks

HemiJoel
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: buffalo
State: MN

Re: Curious on asking price

Post by HemiJoel »

I would think $150 to $250. This stuff doesn't grow on trees anymore.
1968 D200 4 door 318 auto power steering
1966 D300 slanty 4 speed flatbed with Schwartz dump
1968 D200 crew cab project to become a longbed cummins dually

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

agreed

I paid a bit more for a 68/69 Grille that was perfect but I feel they are harder to find....

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

The inserts always have pieces broken, chipped, missing or cracked. The aluminum always has scratches or dings. The sig lenses are always hazed, faded or cracked. Qty of all of this determines the price, from $100 driver quality - $700 for perfection.
70 inserts are black, 71 inserts are gray.

abody
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kissimmee
State: FL

Post by abody »

Thanks for the feed back, the inserts in this one are grey. The metal is pretty good, some hazing and having been out in the sun for who knows how long. Might polish up pretty well. But rather leave that up to its new owner. If I go through the trouble of really cleaning it up I will add in some opaque bits of sheet plastic for headlights and install some L.E.D's for a wall hanging. Thanks again.