might sell

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
dodged200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: kokomo, IN

might sell

Post by dodged200 »

Hey guys, I've contemplated this a thousand times, but it might be time. I don't really have room or the place to restore my truck so I might have to let it go. It is tore down to bare bones, so it would be great for someone wanting to restomod or restore one because half the work is done. The truck is a 1966 D200 long bed /6 and has an automatic trans that I purchased off of a member here. The cab is in great shape and only needs the passenger floor finished and the driver floor replaced (I have the floor exline). The bed is a different story. The floor is rough as are the rear inside panels. I was going to replace the inside wall and put in a wood floor. The truck is in a thread in the restore section. I've bought a lot of stuff to start the rebuild, mostly suspension and brakes to get it rolling again including 3 inch lowering springs from St Louis Spring. I also bagged and tagged most of the bolts and such when I was tearing it down. My question is simply would anyone buy a truck completely tore down and how much do you guys think it is worth? I really hate to do this, I just don't think I will ever get to finish it.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: might sell

Post by soopernaut »

I've thought about doing the same. I have a new truck that does everything I need out of a vehicle. Every time I look at the 70 it just seems like a pile of old, degraded, rusty parts that have been surpassed by newer technology. It costs me $35 a year to keep the registration current but other than that, plus the space to keep it, it doesn't really cost me anything to keep around. The body is in pretty good condition that I might not be able to find if I wanted another one. They also cost a lot more than they did when I bought mine. I moved and it is at my old house, so I have to move it and 2 other non-running vehicles. :banghead

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Re: might sell

Post by MadMC63 »

Think of it like a Hemi Cuda.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?